Where is glaux.h?

Hi All,

I am trying out some older tutorials from NeHe but do not have glaux.h (though glaux.so is there).

Does anybody know where I can download a copy?

Thanks,
ruralmyth

You can do a google search and find it.

Just remember the glaux is a library created by Microsoft and is not support for it under linux.

You can also find the glaux.h with the Visual C++ compiler.

[This message has been edited by nexusone (edited 01-26-2004).]

Thank you - but so far google has merely being returning pages telling me to include glaux.h, but not the actual file itself. I was going crazy trying to think of a search term which would make a difference.

I do not have visual studio, using instead Dev-c++

BUT -
Since my last message, I have rewritten the demo so that it no longer needs glaux, instead I am using the bitmap loader from SDL, which appears to do an equivalent job.

Strange when I did a google search for glaux.h I found the file on the first page of the search…

Originally posted by ruralmyth:
[b]Thank you - but so far google has merely being returning pages telling me to include glaux.h, but not the actual file itself. I was going crazy trying to think of a search term which would make a difference.

I do not have visual studio, using instead Dev-c++

BUT -
Since my last message, I have rewritten the demo so that it no longer needs glaux, instead I am using the bitmap loader from SDL, which appears to do an equivalent job.[/b]

I do not believe it – I cannot explain why I did not spot this page! Perhaps because I used other words as well in my search? I don’t know…

Anyway, this was the 5th hit: http://www.ece.cmu.edu/~ece796/project99/8/final/code/18-796Project/include/gl/GLAUX.H

Thank you -

In MS Visual C++ follow these steps to have access to glaux.lib:

• select the “Project” pull-down menu
  • select “Settings”
  • select the “Link” tab
  • click on the “Object/library modules” text line
  • click END
  • click SPACEBAR
  • type “glaux.lib”
  • select “OK”

Also, since you are doing graphics, these libraries may be useful:

opengl32.lib