New WebSite - Looking for people to help me build this 3DWORLD

Just tried the dude’s website to see if he changed the background color and the whole link was down! … perhaps a major revamp going on or some top-secret 3Dkick_ass_you’re_my_bitch_world2 going up soon.

hey BLackjack I have 21,2 cm member.
Please put another compare.jpg

IT, here the links still work fine, but anyway some of the files needed seem to be missing and the WAV.zip is damaged. Normally I’m used to that all files of a pack are in ONE zip which already includes the correct directory structure… and mainly all needed files. Gave it up now…

BlackJack

p.s. Neon, why shall I upload it again? And what is 21,2 cm? Your wife can be proud of you. “hey BLackjack I have 21,2 cm”

neon68, I bet mine is thicker

BlackJack, nice framerate, whats the polygoncount/resolution/computer spec.?

[This message has been edited by FXO (edited 07-15-2002).]

With the pure landscape I have 240 fps with disabled fog. With linear fog around 210, with radial fog 180 something. But only around 17,000 polygons, so around 4 million polygons/second on my Athlon 600/GeForce 3. But I think I’m majorly fill rate bound, because when I used one polygon per cell instead of 128 ones it just pushed the framerate from 240 to 340, so well . Will anytime still 4x the polygon count per cell as little try and am curious. I don’t think I will get the additional polygons “for free”, but I think the T&L unit does holidays anyway because of the fillrate and hope to end at 190 fps then. (Vertices only contain coord, UV0 and UV1, lighting is done through light/colormaps). Resolution is 1024x768.

BlackJack

BlackJack, I am curious to know how you are computing you frame rate… I have a p3 933, 512 ram, geforce2 ti and without drawing anything with a resolution of 1024x768 full refresh rate I get no more than 170 frames per second…

How are you setting up your box?

[This message has been edited by mancha (edited 07-16-2002).]

The maximum framerate I get here is 940 something. But as the simple demos in the nVidia SDK show the same framerate, it’s in any case no bug in my FPS calculation or so, hehe =). Well, I disable vsynch. If I have it enable my max framerate is around 90 as well. But without around 940, if I draw nothing. Nothing includes no clear of color and zbuffer as well of course.

BlackJack

p.s. Am do nothing more than this:
if( mHardwareFeatures.miFeatures & affTrippleBuffer )
wglSwapIntervalEXT( 0 );

p.p.s. Am using an Athlon 600 and GeForce 3.

[This message has been edited by BlackJack (edited 07-16-2002).]

vsynch is the devil… he he…

I got a few extra frames…
With my terrain engine running on 1024x768 with a grayscale map of 2048x2048 with fog, texturing, and per vertex lighting I get ~130 frames per second compared to the ~80 I was getting…

Do you have any more little tweek tricks under you sleeve blackjack? Do you have antialising on?

Although I still get ~230 fps without drawing…

[This message has been edited by mancha (edited 07-16-2002).]

To BlackJack, let me just say that my program is not hard coded at all, but the ability to build many things. The length of time involves working a few hours a night and the focus is not on programming 1 thing, but the ability to be able to add any number of 3D-Studio objects and True Space objects, not to mention my own BIO objects into the 3DWorld. If you feel you really need to compete with someone, find someone else. I am not interested in this, as it is a waste of time, so you dont need to waste your time commenting anymore, as I will just disregard… Ta ta…

I neither want nor need to compete with you, don’t make me laugh.

What I wanted to show is: I got this thing done within 10 hours. And I would not ask questions on this board, if here wouldn’t be many even far far more experienced people than me. And some of these people for sure even would get such landscape done in far less time than I needed. But how can it be that you needed 400 hours for your quad with the 32x32 texture and me 10 hours for mine even including lightmaps?
Because of the buildable objects:
Like nobody here would need more than 5 hours to write a simple 3ds importer and an output and placement routine, even including shading, which seems to be missing in your engine at all.
I read your things on the homepage and what the “engine” offers and what you can do with it… and well… how someone could need so much time for this I’ll never understand till the end of my life I think, but ok, end of this topic for me now.

BlackJack

Originally posted by rlbanister:
To BlackJack, let me just say that my program is not hard coded at all, but the ability to build many things. The length of time involves working a few hours a night and the focus is not on programming 1 thing, but the ability to be able to add any number of 3D-Studio objects and True Space objects, not to mention my own BIO objects into the 3DWorld. If you feel you really need to compete with someone, find someone else. I am not interested in this, as it is a waste of time, so you dont need to waste your time commenting anymore, as I will just disregard… Ta ta…

prove your engine can do that. get it first into one zip file. then show in this zipfile all the advanced modular features it has. i can’t see anything of this. its like taking a nehetut and ****ing it up. prove we are all wrong. prove you’re not simply a childish guy bitching around here in a forum where you don’t belong, as your statements prove. all the time.

Originally posted by davepermen:
prove your engine can do that. get it first into one zip file. then show in this zipfile all the advanced modular features it has. i can’t see anything of this. its like taking a nehetut and ****ing it up. prove we are all wrong. prove you’re not simply a childish guy bitching around here in a forum where you don’t belong, as your statements prove. all the time.

If he is just bubbling and “bitching” as you said, ignore him, but dont be so rude though.

I think this thread should end already.

it was my second post. the first one whas not rude at all. but he proofed to be a stupid bitch so what…