HL-counterstrike freezes // something with nvoglnt.dll

i had the same experience just tonight and i had my computer on all day. it is probably the overheating because this only happens to me if i have my computer on for long periods of time. my suggestion: either get a better cooling fan or dont play the game at all, nerds (no offence to nerds).

Nope. Not an over-heating problem.
I’m having this pb with a Toshiba laptop, a Satellite 2410-515 with a geforce 4 420Go 32Ram. No idea of what actually happened. The hotline didn’t help.
I wanna try some 3rd party drivers now. Do anyone know of any (Detonators are NOT xompatible with the Go serie)

well i just came by this did no research and am not having any of these problems yeah ^^;; but anyways…
firstly i dont think its cs or ur mobo or winxp(although when using xp make sure u install drivers from cd or download from ur vid card maker cause xp drivers do not support opengl) it seems to mainly happen with nvidia card users. lets see what else… i also hear alot that the older drivers work better then the newer crop there coming out with which ive heard many times to be referd to as a load of crap. oh and if i dont really think u should go to Nvidia.com to get ur drivers but rather the site of the company that made your card (i.e. if its a msi or a asus go to there sites) there are minor differences and gettin specific drivers for ur card might help. oh if ur card isnt one of the newer nvidia cards then there newer drivers seem to drop ur frame rate by like 10 fps sometimes if i remember anyother useless crap that probly wont help ill be sure to post ^
* :stuck_out_tongue:

oh yeah and laptops overheat easy and it could just be all that useless junk on ur system that u havent cleaned out
defragment ur drive aswell cause if u use a p2p program im sure u got alot of junk jumbeld all over dat hd of urs and its haven to labour to get the data. so yeah defragment and clear ur temp files and all that aights =D :-p

oh it can also be sound lag which is kinda funny but yeah
put the sound on the most crapy seting u can
or try running with no sound card and see if it lags if not then whaladida u know da probs =D :stuck_out_tongue:

Can u tell im bored ?
this might help
its by some dude named rob on some other board
"[i]I got it running counterstrike fine. I got a tweak utility called “geforcetweakutility” and it has some registry settings where you can enable via,nvidia,amd compatability. I still get freezes in hitman2 but all my other games seem to work fine. It could be something with hitman 2 that caused any problems. But i’m still not sure it’s stable in other games because i’ve really only played counterstrike.

There’s also another tweaking program called nvMax. I don’t use it but it has some via compatability options in it as well.

One other thing i did is I got visiontek drivers since I own a visiontek geforce3 video card instead of the nvidia drivers from nvidia’s website. Also the the new via hyperion drivers are now installed.

I really can’t say what fixed it exactly but it seems to work ok now. I’ve been playing counterstrike without any problems for a week.

If I were to guess the geforcetweakutility had the most to do with it.[/i]"

oh and you might want to try the 53.03 drivers out they seem to help but still laggy compared to there older drivers

Yeah, like i didn’t try that before. My hdd are perfectly defragged and virus-checked and scan-disk-ed. No crap on my pc, i know perfectly what i’m running. SpeedFan helps me to cool the system down too. And i’m still having that damn pb.
It actually worked for awhile. I uninstalled the drivers + the cards, cleaned the registry (easycleaner helps), etc, and rebooted. I didn’t install any new drivers, just kept the one auto-installed by windows (changed settings to 1024x768x32). And it worked. But now, this trick does no longer take effect. I’m having the same pbs with those standart drivers, uninstalling and {…} doesn’t seem to work anymore.
I usually test that with GLXS. But…
BTW Toshiba didn’t release any other drivers that the one provided with the laptop. If someone know of some third-party drivers, i’m interested…