HL-counterstrike freezes // something with nvoglnt.dll

get the new via hyperion4in1 if u are using a via chipset it fixed my problems and it is sayed to increase graphic performance on 3dmark drastically any questions email xyayformex@yahoo.com

WOW, I am not sure if it has worked, but I have just had to best cs experience in a long time thanks to your info. First time in ages that I was able to play cs for hours and it not freeze. No more laggy 1.6 for me!!! heh. Anybody that has this problem and havent tried the via drivers, try them. I had some opengl errors after I first installed it but after a setting change, all was well. Now just to get rid of that 56k I have : . Anyway ty very much.

Hey, Well I an playing On a counter-strike laptop and whenever i exit out of the game and come back in my comp freezes and i have to manuly shut it down. I have changed from Open GL to Softwear graphics displays and the problem is gone. But softwear graphic dislplays sucks and i must have open GL PLEASE HELP ME!!!

apoc909@comcast.net
AIM = Y0URM0MY

OK guys, hi there. I finally figured out the problem with this Opengl AND/OR Direct3D freezing and playing the same sound over and over again. I’d just first of all like to point out that yes, sure some people fixed THEIR problem by identifying a virus or a faulty IRQ on their hardware, but the majority of the problem actually comes from the AGP - or accelerated graphics port.
OK, let’s fix it then shall we?
You may have read in some forums, people saying to change your AGP “Arpeture” Setting to 4x, this worked on one of my older comps, but now that didn’t with my new one. SO what have I done?
(PLEASE BARE WITH ME - INSTALLING THE LATEST DRIVERS AND DIRECTX IS NOT THE ENTIRE SOLUTION, THERE IS MORE TO IT AND I AM GETTING TO IT…)
-Install the latest Graphic Drivers (To me this would be v45 of the Detonator Drivers for my Geforce2.
-Install DirectX 9.0b
-Click START/RUN Type in “DXDIAG” and in the new window that opens up, (After it loads up)click on “Display”, the Click “DISABLE” next to “AGP TEXTURE ACCELERATION”. This reduces the workload on your AGP bus.

I’m just telling you all EXACTLY what I did to fix the problem, and no, Half Life has not froze once since and I’ve played 3 hour games last night with the new settings. (When it was freezing beforehand that night. I just mucked around with my dxdiag settings to fix it)

Now OK, I must admit this probably will not fix the problem for people with different hardware to mine, but here is what I have:
Pentium III - 450mhz
Acer Aspire 77s System
384mb RAM
GEFORCE2 MX
Onboard Sound-card
Windows 98.
ALL LATEST DRIVERS & DIRECTX.

If this has helped anybody, PLEASE let me know because I need feedback, I’m getting into hardware anyway!

GOOD LUCK!

• Con|-|olio, see you in the game

I have been having the same problem with counter-strike for a few days now. I have tried every single solution aforementioned in this forum and many other cs forums. needless to say nothing has worked. im getting pretty pissed off now. before the problem i could sit and play for hours at a time. now i cant play for 5 seconds withought the damn game freezing up. it will freeze for 10 secs or so and then work then freeze again, its not even worth playing anymore. sierra and valve have the worst service for their games. it seems to me if there are so many people with the same problem their asses should be responsible for finding the solution, not the gamers. my advice is to repetedly contact valve and sierra regarding these problems until they get off their lazy asses and find a solution, because none of the advice in these forums has helped one smidgen. but thanks anyway.

It’s been about 3 months since I played cs, however I play ns on a daily basis, and guess what? No freezing, not once. I’m not an expert with computers but i’m not a dumbass either and I know that this, at least for my computer, is localized specifically to cs. No other game or program has ever done this to my computer and since NS runs on the same engine as cs than I can only assume that it’s not the Half-life engine and in fact is the counter-strike game itself. Whether this is a conflict between the code and my hardware or what is beyond me. I guess it’s not a big deal anymore since I hate playing cs with all the hackers and what not. So my solution… Don’t play cs! Or wait for the next release. Later

Originally posted by Reefer Madness:
I have been having the same problem with counter-strike for a few days now. I have tried every single solution aforementioned in this forum and many other cs forums. needless to say nothing has worked. im getting pretty pissed off now. before the problem i could sit and play for hours at a time. now i cant play for 5 seconds withought the damn game freezing up. it will freeze for 10 secs or so and then work then freeze again, its not even worth playing anymore. sierra and valve have the worst service for their games. it seems to me if there are so many people with the same problem their asses should be responsible for finding the solution, not the gamers. my advice is to repetedly contact valve and sierra regarding these problems until they get off their lazy asses and find a solution, because none of the advice in these forums has helped one smidgen. but thanks anyway.

Sounds like you have spyware or a virus.

ya this sux, i can’t fix this prob either i think my monitor is dying?

Hey segall. I have the EXACT same problem on my 5200-903 Toshiba, and yeah I too noticed that most progs and games run fine before I reboot but some also doesn’t work after I’ve installed them either, it’s really weird.
I hate this crap, I’m returning it if there’s no solution to it.

Well i have the same problem in WinXP after i installed it but in Win98se i have no problem at all i have a GF4 ti4200.

in HALO q3 and other game it dont happen
i have one time when it happened in UT2003
its really anyoing.

Might as well throw in the info on how I fixed my “error in nvoglnt.dll” problem that caused me to be without any openGL games for about 4 months.

My Set-up: WindowsXP with Nvidia Geforce 2 GTS Card

Step 1: Uninstall the current Nvidia drivers you have by going through the Add/Remove Programs menu in your control panel

Step 2: Reboot

Step 3: Run “Driver Cleaner” which is a user made program that completely deletes any driver files that are left over from the uninstall you did in, “Step 1” (http://www.driverheaven.net). Read the readme.txt file for instructions on how to use it properly (it’s not hard) and donate to the creator if you can. Once it finishes cleaning your system jump to, “Step 4”

Step 4: Reboot

Step 5: Download the install packages for the latest Nvidia (currently 45.23) and DirectX (currently 9.0b). They both can be found on Nvidia’s and Microsoft’s website. Even if you have DX9.0b installed already, download the install package ANYWAY.

Step 6: Install DirectX 9.0b

Step 7: Reboot

Step 8: Install Nvidia drivers

Step 9: Reboot

Step 10: Set-up your screen back to the way you usually had it (resolution and color-depth wise)

Step 11: This is when you try to run an OpenGL without it crashing. If it doesn’t crash then, “WOO-HOO FOR YOU!” if it still crashes then I apologize for wasting your time.

I’ve had this problem as well but onlu with Natrual Selection (HL Mod). I recently installed the Nvidia 52.16 drives that came out Oct 23. I haven’t has the problem since but my framerate is much slower now (45-50 it use to be, 35-40 now). Anyone knwo why my framerate would be slower?

I HAD this same problem, and I got it fixed by installing via hyperion 4in1 and the most latest nvidia drivers for my GF4 and DirectX 9b. I’m not sure if it was only one of these changes that made things work, but for your own sake, if you have this type of problem, please try these actions.!

BIG thanks to “OK LISTEN”, “Con|-|olio” and “HONKER24”

I have exactly the same problem (Counterstrike freezes, repeats sound 10-15s and then shows error).

The error is the same as you had, but it says vgui.dll instead. anyone an idea what this dll is for? It is in the hl folder and I tried to replace it with several other opengl files, but then hl wont even start up.

I tried all the things suggested in these forums. I have the nevest drivers for graphik, mobo, bios …
Tried several older drivers as well. I tried to disable several things in dxdiag, I have the refresh paatch installed etc etc. Anyone any ideas?
Software mode works well, but it’s very slow. Sometimes I manage to play CS for 1min and then it crashes. And no its no heat problem. Other games play well for hours. I have read about this porblem in several forums but no one had the vgui.dll as error!?

My system:
Windows XP SP1 (all updates installed)
Notebook with Geforce 440 Go 64 MB
Pentium 4 1.8 Ghz

I solved my problem. The solution is absurd in my case:

• enable EAX Hardware support in HL.
  • in any case disable A3D

If you want to try to use A3D try: http://www.pro-hl.com/a3d_winxp.shtml

Here comes the strange thing:
If I disable A3D and EAX it wont work.
If I enable A3D and EAX it wont work
If I enable only EAX it works.

If I use Halflife/CS with Software accelerated grahpics both sound settings work.

Even if I disable my soundcard in system settings and play CS it crashed. With enabled EAX it works. Anyone a clue how this is possible? Will post an update if I finally resolve where the problem actually is. Maybe I need to play with the soundcard driver a bit.

Inspiron 8200 / Dell Computer Corporation A10, 16.05.03 BIOS
Intel Pentium4-m 1.7Ghz
768mb PC2100 DDR SDRAM
64mb NVIDIA Geforce 4 440 Go (A06NV17 VBIOS and modified 52.16 Driver 6.14.10.5216)
IBM Model IC25T060ATCS05-0 Hard Drive (60Gb, 7200rpm)
DVD-Rom
TrueMobile 1150 Mini-PCI wireless card - 802.11b (8.72 firmware and 7.64 driver)
Microsoft Windows XP Professional with SP1 Version 5.1.2600 and DirectX 9.0b
Cirrus Logic Crystal Sound

I solved my problem. The solution is absurd in my case:

• enable EAX Hardware support in HL.
  • in any case disable A3D

If you want to try to use A3D try: http://www.pro-hl.com/a3d_winxp.shtml

Here comes the strange thing:
If I disable A3D and EAX it wont work.
If I enable A3D and EAX it wont work
If I enable only EAX it works.

If I use Halflife/CS with Software accelerated grahpics both sound settings work.

Even if I disable my soundcard in system settings and play CS it crashed. With enabled EAX it works. Anyone a clue how this is possible? Will post an update if I finally resolve where the problem actually is. Maybe I need to play with the soundcard driver a bit.

Inspiron 8200 / Dell Computer Corporation A10, 16.05.03 BIOS
Intel Pentium4-m 1.7Ghz
768mb PC2100 DDR SDRAM
64mb NVIDIA Geforce 4 440 Go (A06NV17 VBIOS and modified 52.16 Driver 6.14.10.5216)
DVD-Rom
TrueMobile 1150 Mini-PCI wireless card - 802.11b (8.72 firmware and 7.64 driver)
Microsoft Windows XP Professional with SP1 Version 5.1.2600 and DirectX 9.0b
Cirrus Logic Crystal Sound

Your framerate is probably slower because in all likely hood when you installed the new drivers it reset your v-sync settings and now you v-sync is on therfore limiting your fps. Or maybe the new drivers suck.

Fixed my problem by reinstalling Det 44.03 and clicking the two boxes in the OpenGL tab.

OK ALL…
MANY SOLUTIONS TO ONE PROBLEM …

Im not going to tell anyone here a specific remidy STAY WITH ME , But raqther an observation…

It does not seem to me that anyone has mentioned or even asked if this problem is with motherboards with VIA CHIPSETS…?
old new does not matter…I have an
MSI kt4a ultra
asus 128mb 8x agp gforceTI4200
1024DDR pc 2700
140 gigon 2 maxtor hard drive
Call of Duty , Wolfenstein ET ,RTCW .
the
NVOGLNT.IRC version 6.13.10.3140 is my module demon…

The above mentioned games is where i experience this error…

Yes ive done everything under the sun this is why i have the system mentioned above.
GEUS WHAT …
same problem…
no tin new hardware you will find fix …unless not running on VIA chips with NVIDEA grafics …!!!
HELLO >…HELLO>>>>>>>
ok …
I read this on a site …damn somewhere …like http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/r1067615639
this happens to be for C++ runtime errors …which i fixed by using the drivers that came with the card (off cd…nvidea 7-28-2003 AND installed the GART for VIA )
was not untill i recently updated my MSI baord with its own utility that this problem arose again…although not C++ but same results…

LOOK AROUND WEB FOR VIA CHIPS ERRORS AND KNOWN CONFLICTS WITH …

SERIOUS hope there to be some one who reads this that has more time or effort than I as of now…

hope i helped …you all whoever and where-ever have always been there for support in every way possible…

AN OLD SAYING IM FOND OF…
“BUILD IT THEY WILL COME”
Haa like build the systems …and they will come …with everypossable angle on how to fix their damn intollerant creations !!!

OK I’LL GO BACK UNDER MY DESK NOW !
Crash …out! www.wolfenstein-mtl.com www.ilwulocal8.com
CRASH(MTL)-----CRASHMASTER !!! chow !

you need java enabled on your computer
so you can see video graphics better.
I had that and I went and downloaded free java,
the site is http://java.com (click the green box-that says Get Now Download Free)

Originally posted by kUkk3L:
[b]okay, i’m a belgian and i’m trying to say this in my best english ^^

When i start playing cs(counter-strike) after a while the game just freezes and the sound repeats hisself, i checked my Systeminfo/windowserrors and it says something about the nvoglnt.dll file.
I’ve tried format several times, and nothing helps. I just formatted again, installed via drivers (vagpm410b) & nvidia drivers (43.45) & sound drivers (sblive!drivers).

my pc specs:
(CPU) 1-AMD Duron, 857MHz, 64KB (0% Load) .:. (RAM) usage: 167/384MB (43.49%) .:. (GFX) NVIDIA GeForce3, (Display) 1280x1024/32bit/60Hz
(OS) Windows XP Professional (5.1 - 2600), (installed for) 7h 54m, (uptime) 3h 48m 24s .:. (HDDs) 24.1G/28.4G(84.7%) free

Is there a fix for this problem or any recomends? i would give everything to fix this :>[/b]