Originally posted by dorbie:
Ah never mind, I see now it was in London.
I’m gutted, this is the first I heard of it and I live close to the MOS.
[This message has been edited by Adrian (edited 02-13-2003).]
Originally posted by dorbie:
Ah never mind, I see now it was in London.
I’m gutted, this is the first I heard of it and I live close to the MOS.
[This message has been edited by Adrian (edited 02-13-2003).]
Originally posted by ramonr:
In fact, I have been at nVidia’s The Dawn To Dusk conference, this week, where a Geforce FX card were promised for every attendee and, there, they told us they don’t have them available. So we have to wait some weeks and they will send them to us.
Ramon.
Yes, but that was more than compensated by the dancing girls
)
Lots of confusion over Fp16 vs FP32 in pixel shaders …
For a taste of the evening… http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pocketmoon/d2d4.jpg
The Nvidia UK guys know how to PARTY!
[This message has been edited by pocketmoon (edited 02-13-2003).]
Originally posted by pocketmoon:
[b]
Yes, but that was more than compensated by the dancing girls)
[/b]
Damnit, why wasn’t it announced here. I’m within walking distance of that place.
Originally posted by pocketmoon:
Yes, but that was more than compensated by the dancing girls)
Are you refering to this girls? http://www.cocodrile.com/~ca66297/album1.html
Originally posted by Cab:
Are you refering to this girls? http://www.cocodrile.com/~ca66297/album1.html
Yes
But I see you didn’t posted some hot pics! Let’s just say that even fewer clothes were being worn later in the evening…
Originally posted by pocketmoon:
[b] YesBut I see you didn’t posted some hot pics! Let’s just say that even fewer clothes were being worn later in the evening…
[/b]
Ok, ok. I didn’t want to hurt anybody
There is another one… Not too hard http://www.cocodrile.com/~ca66297/DSC00050.JPG
[This message has been edited by Cab (edited 02-14-2003).]
Originally posted by Adrian:
Damnit, why wasn’t it announced here. I’m within walking distance of that place.
I usually talk about these events on these forums when I hear they are organized. But I couldn’t attend this one so I didn’t bother discussing it.
Funny to see the cards were not available at the event… As Nutty said, this was the case for The Gathering 1. But at the Gathering 2 the GF4 was there waiting for us (mind you it was a GF4 Ti4200 with only 64Mb RAM…).
As dorbie said, although it’s nice to get the card at such a low price, the most interesting is certainly the talks. On top of that, I met Nutty at the first event and Tom, MattS, Cass, John (Spitzer) and lots of other people at the second one. Always nice to put a face on a name!
Now as far as the ATI vs NVIDIA battle is concerned, I still have a slight preference for the latter: it may be argued that NVIDIA developer relations are better but that’s not the main reason why I am sticking to NVIDIA. The (very stupid) reason is that I have very bad memories of trying to make some of my programs run on ATI-based gfx cards. I am talking of pre-Radeons here so you might say (and you’d be dead right) that I should grow up and look again… I’ll probably do that…
Regards,
Eric
It’s a shame I couldn’t get to the ‘Dawn to Dusk’ event, but it did cost a bit (I believe?). The ATI Mojo day in August was free to developers and they had 9700s there in the lecture hall for us to take away. Very nice. 
If ATI still have a spare one I’ll take it! 
I can’t remember the price for the NVIDIA event but IIRC it was a third of the announced price for a GeForceFX (and you get the card plus 2 days of technical talks for this ridiculous amount!).
Regards,
Eric
The Dawn To Dusk event was well cheap. Only 150 quid!.. If I wasn’t soo busy, I’d have definitly gone.
Judging by those photo’s I missed an awesome event!.. bah 
Hmmm… really valuable training going on there. I assume it has something to do with using Cg to correctly render flesh tones.
[This message has been edited by dorbie (edited 02-14-2003).]
http://www.cocodrile.com/~ca66297/DSC00015.JPG
obviously to much for the guy in middle, whats his hand upto!
buggers the girls, i wanna know was the booze free?
150 quid for all the beer u can drink for 2 days 
btw message to nvidia - next time dont hire english girls
[This message has been edited by zed (edited 02-14-2003).]
Hmm, I can’t tell without more pics, do the girls have PCI or AGP slots? 
Man, that show might have been a blast
But I wonder one thing… shouldn’t it be conserning gfx cards 
Cheers!
Originally posted by zed:
btw message to nvidia - next time dont hire english girls
lol!