Games?

I am working on a GameBoyADVANCE project. The GBA is a cool little machine, it is a refreshing change from 3d. We just spent 2 years on a N64 project.

Free Time:
Space Shooter

At work:
Monte Carlo Simulation of electron trajectories in solids. Microscopy and Microelectronics research.

Right now I’m ironing some bugs out of my cross platform (Windows and Mac) 3D engine. As soon as everything is as it should be, I’m adding some more features and then this summer I’m going to see if I can’t make the next “Quake-Killer” … well Unreal-Killer really. I liked Unreal better.

Originally posted by mwanderson:
I am working on a GameBoyADVANCE project. The GBA is a cool little machine, it is a refreshing change from 3d. We just spent 2 years on a N64 project.

Very cool.
With the GBA you get to code in C now right?

http://oks.merseine.nu
(arcady beat’em all shooter!)

I’m working in a Medicine simulator.

I work on GtkRadiant, Quake 3 level editor for Win32 and Linux. The URL is http://www.gtkradiant.com .

Working on a 3D game engine with programmable shaders here. Terrain engine is almost finished, geometry engine started, newtonian physics started.

I’m working on a action game called Reaper. It’s supposed to be something like Terminal Velocity and Rogue Squadron.

Old stinky alpha version available here: http://www.mdstud.chalmers.se/~dproj-2/
(klick the ‘om spelet’ topmost link)

It’s a project that runs through the whole 3rd year at school. We are 8 ppl and I’m doing the bulk of the work on the graphics engine. (Another guy is working on a VDPM algoritm for the terrain, the rest is my doing.)

Very cool topic, indeed .

I work on a FPS, right now, it is nothing more than a Quake 3 level viewer, that does not support reading from pk3-Files, Bezierpatches, shaders…

As you can see it is in an very early stage of development.

See it here: dieharder@ntf.de (It is no eMail-Address, type into your browser and see).

Currently under development is Collision detection (finished) and Collision response (almost finished), but just Player to environment, so you can walk and jump around. This version will be uploaded in 1 or 2 weeks I guess and will contain full source.

Take care
CoBour

Im working on battlebeef, a 3d shoot em up with cows!

I’m working on a POOL (BILIARDO con Castello)
please gluLookAt(www.retre.it/opengl)

thanks

Snyggt Macke.

Er dokumentation och dagböcker är ruskigt lika min egen dokumentation och mina ‘dagböcker’, iallafall syntaxen.

And now a translation:

Nice Macke.

Your documentation and diaries are chillingly similary to my own documentation and ‘diaries’, the syntax anyways.

Originally posted by the_sausager:
Im working on battlebeef, a 3d shoot em up with cows!

What? Are you serious? That’s hilarious.

Please let me know when you’re done

Let’s be honest though, I bet none of them will be as good as old 2D Games such as StreetFighter 2. The good old days when games were made for reasons of art, and not what 3D effects we’ve managed to cram in…

Originally posted by Rob The Bloke:
Let’s be honest though, I bet none of them will be as good as old 2D Games such as StreetFighter 2. The good old days when games were made for reasons of art, and not what 3D effects we’ve managed to cram in…

To be honest, I don’t think Streetfighter beats Tekken or Virtua Fighter

I’m working on all sorts of Useless stuff!
www.UselessCreations.com

Just wondering tho, what kind of qualifications do people have who are working as professional games type people?
Just curious how you get into it.

Rob.

Well Rob, coding games isn’t just a buisness, it’s a lifestyle.

If you code games, you don’t have to ask yourself how it came to be. It’s just so damn fun you GOTTA do it.

You don’t need anything more than a computer and some basic coding skill, and it comes naturally. Its like a drug in you blood, once you do it you have to keep doing it.

Some of us where possibly even born to do it.

[This message has been edited by Hull (edited 04-17-2001).]

I am working on an Elite clone,called ‘Maverick’, which is about 2 weeks from alpha release.

The game has pirates, trading, combat, realistic solar systems and universes, and
an overlayed mission engine to give longevity.
www.dodgyposse.com for screenshots and further details.

I am open to suggestions for features to include in the game, so use my ideas forum
PLEASE!!!

I promise to credit anyone who contributes…

dd

This is so true…

[QUOTE about games programmers]
"Originally posted by Hull:
Its like a drug in you blood, once you do it you have to keep doing it.

Some of us where possibly even born to do it"
**** end ***

I personally,have written 30 games
over 6 years, all for free, all to professional quality. I;'ve had 6 sold commercially, and I’m working on another epic…and I’m doing it for free…
So we ( games programmers ) are actually insane as well…