Games?

Hi

im planning to write the Apollo 11s moon landing in 3D but therefore i have to learn (and fight) against (or with ?) OPENGL.
i want to get the feeling that Aldrin and Armstrong had as they landed the “eagle” on the moon.

if someone knows if other similar projects are running it would be nice if i could know about them.

i als would be pleasured if some people would work with me (or better foundate) the “moon project”

I dont use OpenGL at work, just as a hobby.

Though the N64 was very similar to OpenGL. I worked on Battlezone 64 on the N64, and now I’m working on the PS2, but I can’t disclose any details!

Nutty

Im working with a Universal exploration and first person strategy game, somewhat like Elite Frontier(Amiga game) and CounterStrike(HalfLife mod) combined.

But here its Aliens vs Player clans. (or clan vs clan).

I’m working on a military simulator for the British Navy written in OpenGL at the moment.
Very hush hush obviously.
I’ve also just finished working on a medical simulator, using an x-ray renderer written in OpenGL - looks exactly like an x-ray and is therefore a bit freakish to look at.
God, OpenGL is great isn’t it?
(P.S. They both use GeForce2 GTS and Ultra’s, so I get to use Nvidias lovely new extensions without having to worry about it running on cards without these features).

3D model library. It’s gonna be used in my upcoming game, but I can’t give details until I have a beta, or is it alpha? It’s not an FPS though.

My group and I are currently working on a capture the flag type using using Transformers.

Tone

turn based strat called SEEd. hybrid wh40k / space hulk type system for us oldschoolers. Side project that turned into a full-time 2nd job.

gotterdammerung murder,mayhem and a bit of sheep shagging thrown in for good measure http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/mybollux/projects/gotterdammerung/gotterdammerung.html

I’m working on internal development tools :

• EZ-GUI : a powerfull GUI based on Glut and OGL
  • EZ-World : a full featured “runtime” environment.
  • EZ-Tools : all what games and VR developpers and graphists never dream… expendable and immersive environment.
    Our goals is to open the way of the realtime 3d for the communication (www.z-oxyde.com).
    Big work.
    Gaby.

My goal is a space shooter, but at the moment I’m working with my engine to make it more flexible…
The problem is that there’s always something to add!
tFz

I am working on two things :

The first one is a physic engine for a car www.multimania.com/screamers/physique

and the second one is a wargame… using this engine. www.multimania.com/screamers/iv2

I’m working on a vehicle combat game with heavily armed hatchbacks blowing up towns.I’m not kidding…Check out my web page…

I’m working on a massive multiplayer RPG. It’s targeted to be quest-orientated more so than an outright hack-and-slash game.
http://www.krovianknights.com
(I just got this domain btw =)

[This message has been edited by NeoTuri (edited 04-10-2001).]

I am working on a level editor and a landscape engine. Once the level editor is complete I can then use it to make a game, probably a 3rd or first person game with kind of quake2 crossed with rainbow 6- fun/fast action mixed with realistic intelectual planning, maybe kind of bond style. Once the landscape engine is done I think I might first make a rogue squadron type game since there will be no actors or animation stuff and A.I is easy(ier), then I will make a zelda style RPG. Kind of a lot to ask, but what you learn from one engine is usualy aplicable and easy to implement in another.

TIM

I want to write a GL Nibbles, like GL Tron, but nibbles, maybe make it internet playable if I’m skilled enough

-Tilgovi

I’m working on my internet site… :wink:

a 3D engine for Human Factors research.

Day job: writing an industrial-strength VR walkthrough system.
Part-time night job 1: writing small demos for my website.
Part-time night job 2: “Razer”, a “Rogue Squadron”-style arcade shooter, except it uses hovercraft-like vehicles.

All OpenGL-based, of course

• Tom

What I find remarkable is that jokedst revived a topic which started in July 2000 and I am not sure many of the posters noticed it !

Well, I am working on various visualization tools for CFD, FE, VR, and so on… Basically, lots of OpenGL…

OK, that’s not games…

Regards.

Eric

Originally posted by ScottManDeath:
[b]Hi

im planning to write the Apollo 11s moon landing in 3D but therefore i have to learn (and fight) against (or with ?) OPENGL.
i want to get the feeling that Aldrin and Armstrong had as they landed the “eagle” on the moon.

if someone knows if other similar projects are running it would be nice if i could know about them.

i als would be pleasured if some people would work with me (or better foundate) the “moon project”[/b]

I like it! I was mulling over the same idea. Would like to hear more. I will e-mail you