[Dev C++] First Test to OpenGL, error found...

Hey OpenGL Programmers and C++ Users…

I am new with OpenGL and this OpenGL Forum yet…

So i use Dev C++ and i get installed FreeGLUT on Windows XP (at home i work on windows 7 and 10)…
Now i try if opengl works on Dev C++, but no… i get an error!..

Just this is my script copied from google yet…

#include <GL/glut.h>

void displayMe(void)
{
    glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT);
    glBegin(GL_POLYGON);
        glVertex3f(0.0, 0.0, 0.0);
        glVertex3f(0.5, 0.0, 0.0);
        glVertex3f(0.5, 0.5, 0.0);
        glVertex3f(0.0, 0.5, 0.0);
    glEnd();
    glFlush();
}

int main(int argc, char** argv)
{
    glutInit(&argc, argv);
    glutInitDisplayMode(GLUT_SINGLE);
    glutInitWindowSize(300, 300);
    glutInitWindowPosition(100, 100);
    glutCreateWindow("Hello world :D");
    glutDisplayFunc(displayMe);
    glutMainLoop();
    return 0;
}

Now i get an error in the returning function, so this is the error i get:

Compiling single file…

• Filename: C:\Documents and Settings\Eigenaar\Bureaublad\GLUT Test.cpp
  • Compiler Name: TDM-GCC 4.9.2 32-bit Release

Processing C++ source file…

• C++ Compiler: C:\Program Files\Dev-Cpp\MinGW64\bin\g++.exe
  • Command: g++.exe “C:\Documents and Settings\Eigenaar\Bureaublad\GLUT Test.cpp” -o “C:\Documents and Settings\Eigenaar\Bureaublad\GLUT Test.exe” -m32 -I"C:\Program Files\Dev-Cpp\MinGW64\include" -I"C:\Program Files\Dev-Cpp\MinGW64\x86_64-w64-mingw32\include" -I"C:\Program Files\Dev-Cpp\MinGW64\lib\gcc\x86_64-w64-mingw32\4.9.2\include" -I"C:\Program Files\Dev-Cpp\MinGW64\lib\gcc\x86_64-w64-mingw32\4.9.2\include\c++" -L"C:\Program Files\Dev-Cpp\MinGW64\lib32" -L"C:\Program Files\Dev-Cpp\MinGW64\x86_64-w64-mingw32\lib32" -static-libgcc -m32
    C:\DOCUME~1\Eigenaar\LOCALS~1\Temp\ccDvQv6O.o:GLUT Test.cpp:(.text+0x1c): undefined reference to _imp____glutInitWithExit@12' C:\DOCUME~1\Eigenaar\LOCALS~1\Temp\ccDvQv6O.o:GLUT Test.cpp:(.text+0x3e): undefined reference to _imp____glutCreateWindowWithExit@8’
    C:\DOCUME~1\Eigenaar\LOCALS~1\Temp\ccDvQv6O.o:GLUT Test.cpp:(.text+0x60): undefined reference to _imp____glutCreateMenuWithExit@8' C:\DOCUME~1\Eigenaar\LOCALS~1\Temp\ccDvQv6O.o:GLUT Test.cpp:(.text+0x7b): undefined reference to _imp__glClear@4’
    C:\DOCUME~1\Eigenaar\LOCALS~1\Temp\ccDvQv6O.o:GLUT Test.cpp:(.text+0x8c): undefined reference to _imp__glBegin@4' C:\DOCUME~1\Eigenaar\LOCALS~1\Temp\ccDvQv6O.o:GLUT Test.cpp:(.text+0xb0): undefined reference to _imp__glVertex3f@12’
    C:\DOCUME~1\Eigenaar\LOCALS~1\Temp\ccDvQv6O.o:GLUT Test.cpp:(.text+0xd4): undefined reference to _imp__glVertex3f@12' C:\DOCUME~1\Eigenaar\LOCALS~1\Temp\ccDvQv6O.o:GLUT Test.cpp:(.text+0xf8): undefined reference to _imp__glVertex3f@12’
    C:\DOCUME~1\Eigenaar\LOCALS~1\Temp\ccDvQv6O.o:GLUT Test.cpp:(.text+0x11c): undefined reference to _imp__glVertex3f@12' C:\DOCUME~1\Eigenaar\LOCALS~1\Temp\ccDvQv6O.o:GLUT Test.cpp:(.text+0x126): undefined reference to _imp__glEnd@0’
    C:\DOCUME~1\Eigenaar\LOCALS~1\Temp\ccDvQv6O.o:GLUT Test.cpp:(.text+0x12d): undefined reference to _imp__glFlush@0' C:\DOCUME~1\Eigenaar\LOCALS~1\Temp\ccDvQv6O.o:GLUT Test.cpp:(.text+0x168): undefined reference to _imp__glutInitDisplayMode@4’
    C:\DOCUME~1\Eigenaar\LOCALS~1\Temp\ccDvQv6O.o:GLUT Test.cpp:(.text+0x181): undefined reference to _imp__glutInitWindowSize@8' C:\DOCUME~1\Eigenaar\LOCALS~1\Temp\ccDvQv6O.o:GLUT Test.cpp:(.text+0x19a): undefined reference to _imp__glutInitWindowPosition@8’
    C:\DOCUME~1\Eigenaar\LOCALS~1\Temp\ccDvQv6O.o:GLUT Test.cpp:(.text+0x1ba): undefined reference to _imp__glutDisplayFunc@4' C:\DOCUME~1\Eigenaar\LOCALS~1\Temp\ccDvQv6O.o:GLUT Test.cpp:(.text+0x1c4): undefined reference to _imp__glutMainLoop@0’
    collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Compilation results…

• Errors: 1
  • Warnings: 0
  • Compilation Time: 1,17s

I am an newbie with OpenGL and i use Dev C++ for it…, Please can anyone help me to correct my code ?..
Thanks for help, Jamie.

Your link line is missing references to the GLUT and OpenGL libraries.

Try adding the arguments “-lglut32 -lopengl32”. If you still have unresolved “glut” symbols", try -lfreeglut instead of -lglut32.

For more possible solutions, websearch “devc++ glut unresolved reference”. For instance:

[ul]
[li]Undefined references using GLUT with MinGW
[/li][/ul]