Windows 10 Version not Supported?

Hi, I don’t know if I’m in the right place but I have a Problem with OpenXR. I tried to install the developer tools and after opening it states that my Windows version does not support the OpenXR-Runtime and basically nothing else.

These are my Infos:

|Prozessor|Intel(R) Core™ i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz|
|Installierter RAM|32,0 GB|

Edition Windows 10 Home N
Version 22H2
Installiert am ‎12.‎10.‎2021
Betriebssystembuild 19045.2673
Leistung Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0

Am I missing something?

Hmm, what exactly do you mean when you say “the developer tools”, did you install the OpenXR SDK or something else? What is the tool that reports your Windows version is not supported?
Oh, or did you install OpenXR Tools for Windows Mixed Reality? My understanding is that those are only applicable if you have a headset that supports Windows Mixed Reality (there’s a bunch from different manufacturers, but it is by far not all of them) - does that apply to you? If not, what headset do you have?

Additionally, I see you have “N” edition of Windows, those come without certain media applications pre-installed and perhaps that is the problem - AFAIK the applications/features can be installed after the fact with the appropriate “Media Feature Pack”, see here for additional info.

I installed the OpenXR Tools for developers. Your guess with my N version as correct. Mixed Reality is straight up not supported in N versions. I switched to the normal Pro Version of Windows and now I could at least install it.

I use a Quest 2. Is this one supported? It doesn’t seem to get recognized.

Hmm, that still does not mean anything to me. As far as I know that is not the name of something distributed by Khronos. But never mind, it seems what you have is not applicable to your headset.

The Quest 2 does support OpenXR, but not through Windows Mixed Reality. Instead the OpenXR runtime for the Quest 2 is typically installed as part of the Oculus App, see here for the things you need to develop for Quest 2 via the OpenXR API. There’s also a tutorial that walks through building the hello_xr app from the OpenXR SDK for the Quest 2.

Yup, sorry. The name of the app is called OpenXR developer tools in German. And through that I somehow got to this forum and thought that Khronos is the developer. My bad. Thanks for your replys anyways. Helped a lot

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.