Weird triangle facet blend error when redering transparent material

When I use blend for transparent material, I always get wired triangle facets that are blended abnormally. I tried to change the viewpoint of observation, but the wrong triangle does not change with the change of viewpoint. Also, I tried to use different models(.fbx), and all have this problem. :frowning:

It looks like the DST color attachment is corrupted. When I set dstColorBlendFactor = VK_BLEND_FACTOR_ZERO, weird triangles disappear.

Could anyone have encountered such problems?

You need to tell us a bit more about what you’re doing.
Are you rendering back-to-front? If not, depth test could cause this.
Backface culling could as well.
What specific blend function and blend equation are you using to render the tris of the sphere?
Disable cull face, depth test, enable blending and set your blend to src * ONE + dst * ZERO and go from there.

Thank you for your reply! It is indeed a question lacking details. Rendering bugs are always too elusive to describe in detail. T_T

Fortunately, however, I found the problem an hour ago. Weird triangles are caused by too many fragments generated by padding triangles in the cluster(always padded to 128 triangles) contributing blend. That’s why they look brighter. Removing the padding triangles can solve the above problems.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.