Vertex arrays and ... texture arrays

Ok. I have just one more question! =)

I forgot that I do also fill a vertex array too, and the indices are not copied but created. The world indices are only used to get the vertices out of the world vertex array. Sorry for the confusion, I had to take a second look at my code to see where my thoughts went astray.

Do you build the one vertex and texcoords array for each texture-chain?
Or do you put all vertices, and all texcoords in one array for the whole scene, and then just use the indeces to seperate which vertices and tecoords go with which texture?
I would do it the second way.

Each face contains a pointer to the texture object which describes the visual and physical properties of the face. The texture object also points to the root and terminus of its polygon chain.

Ah! That’s pretty smart!

Anyway. You’re cool DFrey! I know a lot of people wouldn’t give a way the “secrets” of their engine like you do. That’s just really neat. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Caesar (edited 06-25-2000).]

Do you build the one vertex and texcoords array for each texture-chain?
Or do you put all vertices, and all texcoords in one array for the whole scene, and then just use the indeces to seperate which vertices and tecoords go with which texture?

I do it the first way. I’d rather save that extra bit of memory when I don’t really gain any significant amount of speed from using it.