Quake II & ATI Rage PRO

Got a little problem running Quake II on an ATI Rage PRO card that has ICD (OpenGL integrated) driver installed. It always jump back to software mode…
I remember when I had a Diamond V330 that didn’t had OpenGL support that I had to copy the opengl32.dll file from the Windows dir to the Quake II dir and I then had OpenGL in Quake II but it dosen’t seem to work as well with the ATI Rage PRO… in fact in dosen’t work at all.

Any ideas? or it’s just me… :wink:

I’ve got the same problem with my ATI RAGE PRO card. You can try to setup colors to High Colors (16 bit). It’s working on my PC.

Thank you so much! I’ve been trying for days to get Quake II to work on my Rage XL ATI card and have had no luck with OpenGL, then I try switching to 16bit color and it works great!

Hi,

I’m having ATI 3d agp rage pro card,
I’m not able to play Q3A on W2k, If
u have open gl drivers, please let me
know

dshroar.at.hotmail.com

Originally posted by rgruss:
Thank you so much! I’ve been trying for days to get Quake II to work on my Rage XL ATI card and have had no luck with OpenGL, then I try switching to 16bit color and it works great!

d00d! i have to exact same problem!!! e-mail me too if anyone has… unexpected@ez2www.com