In my startup routine, i create a dummy window, then look for a pixelformat and then create the real window with that pixelformat.
However, on my Radeon 9600XT (tested with several drivers) i have a problem, which makes the pixel_format extension quite useless.
I check for the following attributes:
The thing is, that it usually finds 0 pixelformats with these properties. If i use WGL_FULL_ACCELERATION instead of generic, i do get a pixelformat, but then in 80% the program halts at window creation with 0 processor use, and i have to kick it. In the other 20% it works as expected.
If i remove the acceleration thing completely, i usually get a software context. Removing the color, stencil and depth stuff seems not to change anything.
This is really weird behaviour, i really don´t know, what to do. Can anyone give me a combination, which works for him? I am not sure, if this is a problem in my application, or if it is a driver bug.