Open GL for Windows XP

try updating to a better video chip ( i recommend a radeon 7000 or higher

Originally posted by romsman:
the same prob here i hate it ,all those good games i could play befor don’t work on XP
the odd thing is that a friend of mine has a compaq with XP professinal just like me and all thos good games work with him
i do know a lot of stuff from PC but when i installed openGl on XP under WIN98 compabillity i couldn’t open my configurations anymore please help me with those games

i have OpenAL32.dll should i change

I have a voodoo 3 3000 and i tried to run star wars II jedia knight outcast, how ever i keep getting an opengl subsystem error, can someone please help as i find it really annoying, also it had an opengl problem on my 98 as well.

If it will help any, after reading many comments here, I decided to look at the previous opengl version. I downloaded older version of Nvidia drivers version 29.82 because that had opengl version 1.3 and it replaced the opengl 1.4. I have Alice when that didn’t work then I knew you guys were on the right track. She has never failed me. Anyway, that replced opgengl 1.4 with 1.3 and it works fine adn so does MOHA. Hope this helps. I am smiling – many thanks to you all for pointing me in the right direction. Now I may install the newers drivers but not with OPENGL on it. On the Nvidia website, it will tell you what is contained in the driver file. Phew glad I got that fixed.

Originally posted by Agamemnon:
[b]Hey all,

I have windows Xp on my desktop machine and I have never had any problems running OpenGL based apps or games. My desktop is running PIII 900Mhz 384MB Ram, and a 64MB Nvidia Geforce4 AGP MX 420. My laptop on the other hand has problems. XP does come imbeded with OpenGl but its a really crappy driver, not the same as a downloaded copy for 95 or 98. My Laptop is a P4 2.6Ghz 512mb
Ram with a shared 64MB ATI Mobility, in theory i should be able to run anything on my market. So until the GL Devlopers make a patch for XP were all SOL, im going to try the GlDriect as mentioned in a earlier post and see how that works. Best of luck to all of you![/b]

Oh I forgot to tell you. My computer is XP1800, 1024 memory, MX440 video, Hercules Games Surround XL and load of space on disk. I knew requirements were not the issue. Operating system XP. OpenGL 1.4 not XP is the issue. It is the OPENGL version 1.4 doesn’t work. It is included in the newest “certified” drivers for NVidia 44.03. Drivers were fine but the OPENGL was not. I also have DirectX9.0b installed. Sure hope this helps. This is the only thing I knew should work is to replace the version of opengl because I knew my games worked before. I used System restore and that was crap. Don’t bother with that.

Have any of you tried running the “Program Compatability Wizard” in the accessories menu? This may or may not work for you, but it will allow you to run certain programs as if they were in an earlier version of Windows.

where is the excat url where i can get that version…i cant find it on nvidia.com

Here is the link for the 29.42 version – read the description where it says OpenGL 1.3.(1?) to have your current OpenGL replaced. http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_archive.html

Ty…im d/l it right now…if it works ill love you forever…lol…there are many games i cant play right now…i.e. THPS3…4X4Evo2…and Ralli Sport Challenge… im bummed!

ummm… i didnt get the folder…i only got the setup application…dont i need the .ini file to update the driver?

No you do not need anything but the setup. Just follow the instructions and it will install itself along with the OpenGL 1.3

Okay I have since updated teh agp controller on my via chip motherboard. I may have already had it but I did find out:
I installed 4403 with the gl 1.4 version and it didn’t work as usual but I went back to 4345 and they didn’t work either (gl 1.4 still installed) but I have now settled with 4109 version with gl 1.4. It works fine - games work just like with driver 29.42. I think I will leave it as is for now. Thought I would let you know when I installed newer drivers. SEems GL 1.4 doesn’t work with 4403 and they are not certified for MX 440 just for FX which is misleading. Help this helps further. I would work from the 29.42 drivers first and work your way up and see what happens. I found that the gl 1.4 version installed and I decided to leave it to see if it were the video drivers or open gl. Video it seems with 4403.

Medal of honour crashes when the loading bar for the level appears.

This is what Ive tried.

1.Installing Older drivers with Opengl 1.3
(Didnt Work)
2.Uninstalled Drivers, Used Detonator R.I.P to completely remove drivers from my system. Installed the Drivers With opengl 1.3 in them.
(Didnt Work)
2. Did the above with all the drivers in the nvidia xp drivers archive.
(Didnt work)
3.Downloaded New OpenGL.dll & .lib, Overwrote the ones on my system.
(Didnt work)
4.Uninstalled and reinstalled MOHAA and did all the above each time. Tedious & Boring.
(Didnt Work)
5.Tried an nVidia refresh rate fix.
(Didnt work)
6.Tried GLW Glide driver.
(Didnt work)
7.Installed DirectX 9b, 9a, 8.1, 8 >
(Didnt work)

Please for the love of god can somebody help me with this. I am a beaten man. I give up. I dont know why its not working. The worst thing is that it used to but I cant for the life of me remeber what changed.
Somebody must be having this problem. I cant be the only one.

Again…
MOHAA crashes when the loading bar for the level appears. No error messages or blue screens just straight back to the desktop.

Grenade, what is your system stats. Video card may not be able to do the graphics. You have lowered the require in the control and video section of MOHAA right. I guess also MOHAA asks you to start in safe mode? Right. Sorry the OPENGL 1.3 didn’t work. I installed it not the latest driver but kept going until it worked. I just wanted to know if NVidia e-mail held any merit. Basically it didn’t. But all of my other programs that require opengl. I have a Nvidia Geforce MX440. As you can see the system requirements of my computer too in an earlier post. Give your hardware and system description. Okay. Darn I thought I had the answer to our woes. I have to say i tried Battlefield 1942 but it says my sound card (Gamesurround XL) has issues. I can go online with it and play but that is about it. Single player won’t work. Any ideas how to force my soundcard to work. I can’t believe the list of sound cards that have issues with it.

My systems stats

MSI KT400 ULTRA - VIA Chipset
AMD Athlon XP 2800+
512 DDR 33mhz Ram
GForce Titanium 4200
Soundblaster Live

Windows XP Pro

man i have the same problem and god damit i so wanted to pay star trek elite force 2 but sincei have a pentium 2 and it needs pintium 3 i won’t work. fk man but my sister alos has an xp and when i dl the demo it worked so i guess it’s the processer. but fk man glsetup sucks

if anyone that works for glsetup i have a few words for u ppl.

U ALL ARE FKING DUMBASS MOTHER ****ERS!!! come on glsetup from glsetup.com only supports 95 and 98 helllllo!!! who the fk uses those systems now!!! xp is the newest computer and god damit it has been out for a few yers now!!! and u ppl still did not update those motherfkin ****. come on it’s the year 2003 and u ppl are still stuck in the 90s damit!! get with the program 98 and 95 are out xp and maybe ME is in so u ppl would think to update that kind of stuff!! i hope u ppl feel offended /c that is my intention. and i don’t give a damn if i fking cursed at u ppl for i’m going to post here only once!!! u know how many good games u have ruined for me b/c that dumb **** is only for 98 and 95 come on u ppl still did not evne make a setup thing for window 2000!!! u want to know something when i bought that star trek game i was so happy that i got the game but thanks to u idiots i had to return it b/c u guys don’t have the patch for xp!!! i ended up with fking store credit who the fk wants store creds i owuld rather have my money back. and u ppl that works for opengl or whatever u all suck!!!

K i had same problem with medal of honour when it ould not read video card when I installed xp. O downloaded new drivers from nvidia for xp and it worked fine. (Make sure b4 u install new driver that old one is unitsalled and old folder is deleted!!!)

Installed “Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory” yesterday and got the problem with opengl sigh.

…(ok so far)
…calling LoadLibrary( ‘C:\WINDOWS\System32\opengl32.dll’ ): succeeded
…(still ok)

…hardware acceleration found
…PIXELFORMAT 7 selected
…creating GL context: failed
…failed hard

Q_strncpyz: NULL src

I’ve installed several detonator driver in the past. Both the “good” way by removing the old drivers and the “bad” way (just run the install). (well this isnt prob bad anymore since they develop good installers now days)
I currently use the driver released only a few days ago and i’ve tried to install it both ways.

I checked my opengl32.dll and it seems that i still have a driver from microsoft. (file version: 5.1.2600.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
(have nvidias nvoglnt.dll ver:1.4 but this one isnt used by opengl32.dll… i think. If i rename the driver and restart the game its the same err msg)

I will try with the old nvidia driver later on. But the questions is:
Is it the right ver of opengl32.dll? Should it have been replaced?
If opengl32 doesnt use nvoglnt.dll i cant see how this will work even if i install the older ver.

System:
Graphic Card: GeForce4 TI4600

OK yomama…i had the worm so i just got back on the net… im d/l 4109 right now b/c i deleted 2902 (right #'s?..o well). Umm lets see i have

*XP home ed.
*128mb FX 5200 (PCI) (<–make a diff.??)
*Intel Celeron/III? Tower says celeron Dx says III
Dx 9.0b
*I Explorer 6 {activision said it would help (darn liers/lyers?)} lol
*Gateway ev700 plug and play monitor
does that one matter? lol

4109 better work or ill snap none of my games work

P.S. For some reason my games/open gl/direct 3d would work spontaneously but now it aint working anymore…whats with that…only work some of the time??? its very weird

Hey all. Okay, i have xp and it works fine for me.

To all of you’s who are having problems please read :-

When you bought your video card it should of come with a cd. Install the drivers on that cd, that will setup the gl for your video card. If u got a video card what game with your computer then a cd should of come with your computer for the drivers.

Another problem could be that you dont have a video card. My old computer didnt have one so i could play games with open GL. Most of you probably dont know it, and your computer doesnt have a video card. Or the video card doesnt have open gl. If you have any more questions email me anime_lite@hotmail.com.

Thanks.