nVidia OpenGL SDK

Exist the nVidia OpenGL under the Linux?
If yes please tell me an adress to download.

thanks

try nvidia’s website. when you download the drivers they come with a gl.h, glx.h and glxtokens.h that support all the nvidia extensions…
http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=linux

have fun!

I think what he was refering to is the OpenGL SDK that the windoze kidz get. It comes with a lot of demos w/ source, the glh namespace library and a few utilities, namely the nvparse library (which allows you to access register combiners, vertex programs and texture shaders using a friendly scripting syntax). I haven’t seen nor heard anything publicly about a linux release of the kit. Perhaps when the next line of drivers (hopefuly OpenGL 1.3 compliant w/ GLX 1.3 implemented) come out, they’ll have it (i really hope! ).

ahh, ok. i looked at the demos, and the weird thing is, they all seem to use glut, but for some reason, they decided to use windoze variable types, so it still relies on windows.h. kinda stupid to use a cross platform windowing library, but use proprietary variable types for no descernable reason. anybody know why they did this?

Ok, but in windows are functions for
PNG loading,T&L and other.

Ok, but in windows are functions for
PNG loading,T&L and other.

What? I use libpng every day. It’s not a windows thing exclusively. And what does T&L have to do with anything? Or have I just not understood your post?

The demos from nvidia that is using GLUT also compiles and runs on linux. Perhaps do you need to comment out some line but all the demos I have tried works great.

For all my file needs I use SDL.h and the sdl image library (wwwlibsdl.org). It runs on almost every os I know of (even linux for the ps2 ). With one IMG_Load call it pust whatever file you want(of many different formats) in to a convienent SDL_Surface structure

Originally posted by nvidia demos:
The demos from nvidia that is using GLUT also compiles and runs on linux. Perhaps do you need to comment out some line but all the demos I have tried works great.

I am trying to use nvparse() on linux machine. Without that it is not possible to use vertex and texture shading engines. Does anyone have a version of nvparse that works under linux? I tried compiling a vesrsion myself, and after several hours of work have been unsuccessful.
Thanks, Gordon

erlebach@csit.fsu.edu

Originally posted by erlebach:
I am trying to use nvparse() on linux machine. Without that it is not possible to use vertex and texture shading engines.

You do not need to use nvparse to have access to vertex- or texture shaders. You can “easily” access them through standard OpenGL.

Although, I think it is about time that NVIDIA release a nvparse source which compiles on both Windows and Linux.

– Niels

[This message has been edited by Niels Husted Kjaer (edited 11-12-2001).]

I’ve played with OGL SDK under linux and was able to compile several demos after heavy source hacking. The main problem is C++ code. VC and GCC
are very different. Actually, I’ve started porting NVEffectsBrowser under linux but stopped because lack of time.

The new version of nvparse (released today) looks as though someone has at least attempted to make it usable under UNIX. It includes a Makefile (which mentions UNIX)…

I’m having a quick play with it now, to see whether it’ll fly…

…and indeed it does! The odd newline needed here and there to suppress some warnings, but it seems to compile just fine under Linux.

Thank you Nvidia!

(Now, how about GLX1.3?)

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.