My Demo

Originally posted by Jane Liu:

Hi, but why it says could not initialise…? when I try to run it?

So much info to go on…

Ran fine on my PC but no sound avg 100-120fps.

AMD 2400+XP, geforce 3 ti200, SB Live 5.1 Platinum

Thanks for all the feedback.
Regarding sound, see the credits

> why it says could not initialise…?
I don’t have access to the code at the moment, but IIRC it will give you that message if your graphics card doesn’t support the secondary colour extension.

I’ve taken a very minimalist approach to extensions (it was my intention that the demo would work with any card made in the last few years), so the shadows are all calculated in software.
The lighting is done multipass - render the geometry to the depth buffer, render the lights in additive mode, render the geometry again in multiplicative mode, then render the light coronas in additive mode.

I checked this stuff at work & there is only w9x. When I’m writing programs at home I write them with .NET+WXPPRO. Anyway, if you have program, IT MUST RUN ON 9x TOO, not just one specific OS with specific build
I’ll accept your point of view only if it’ll be accepted by EA, Microsoft, EIDOS just to mention few
But actually diferent platforms are REAL pain in ass especially when you are trying to port code from NV to ATI GRRRRRRRRRRRR…

After i played a while the sound got better and better, but now my mouth aches.
However i could not find any solution to create 3D sound.

Jan.

ran fine on my computer (duron 900/gf2 mx 400). looks great. obviously you’re better than me .

Jan

That is one fine looking game.
I dont think it was slugish. The physics seemed right. The lighting look good for that situation.
I guess the objective is to collect those white circle things?

I too dont have any sound, but is there suppose to be any? I didnt see any sound files.

I have a Gf2 GTS, drivers 42.xx, about 33 FPS which is too low. Maybe v-sync is an issue.

It’s real quite good. But one objection : when several car lights intersects, ground looks like overexposed film.
Obviously, no problems on GF’s (mine is GF4 MX 440).
I have really good sound , when i open the window; maybe because i’m near the noisy street?