Knights of the Old republic

Little question.
I’m from Russia - bears, snow - you know. I need just a short piece of advice - where to find non-windows generic openGL 1.4.0 drivers?

Right, i got KotoR yesterday, and like others, i need OpenGL 1.4. I also have Neverwinter nights, and for that to run i downloaded the 53.03 graphics drivers thing. I’m not great when it comes to comps, but does anyone know where i can download 1.4, as i dont wish to spend over£50 getting a new graphics card for a computer i only have 3 games for… (i have a GC, but KotoR isnt on it so i bought it for the pc >_< )

so, were can i find openGL software?

Originally posted by huh:
so, were can i find openGL software?

FROM YOUR VIDEO CARD MANUFACTERER

90% of the time, that is:
www.ati.com
www.nvidia.com

I have a 7500, which I know technically isn’t supported, but it runs fine until it gets to the undercity, then my game goes fubar and it looks like I’m randomly running through a bamboo forest. Up until that point? No problem what so ever…

Is firegl the same as opengl?

Originally posted by xtreme:
Is firegl the same as opengl?
No

so, what is a good, but realatively cheap video card to use for this game then?

Ok, now you people are getting a little confused about the OpenGL drivers. These drivers are included in your gfx card driver downloads. This means when you download a card driver from your manufacturer and install it, the OpenGL drivers are installed TOGETHER with the card’s drivers themselves. No, you cannot install OpenGL drivers separately because nobody provides such OpenGL driver without bundling it to the card driver.

(For nVidia GeForce card users using Detonator drivers)
To customize OpenGL settings, open up your Display Properties from Control Panel, and click the “Settings” Tab, make sure that the card whose drivers you wanna check is active (if you had 2 cards installed in your PC) then click “Advanced” button. There you can see your card’s details. We’re not done here, so you should click on the “nView” tab. Then click on the button below, that says your card name on it. Then click the OpenGL tab. You can see many adjustable settings here. Play around with them, but make sure you know what you’re doing. Should anything go wrong, just click the “Restore Defaults” button.

And remember:
You cannot beat me, Revan. Not when I’m on Star Forge.