Knights of the Old republic

You dont actually have to unnistall MatLab (that is, if you have the program), all you have to do is to go to the task manager and stop 2 aplications (matlab.exe and matlabserver). This will do the trick. However, you will have to do this everytime you turn your computer on. Otherwise just remove the whole program.
For those who dont have MatLab, but older opengl versions, try upgrading the drivers.
The latest nvidia drivers (53.03) has opengl 1.4. To do that just go to nvidia.com, then drivers, or to the other video card producers pages.

Does anyone have any advice for those with the latest vendor provided drivers who are not running Matlab but are still experiencing OpenGL version issues. (see posts above)

I have a geforce 4, 440 go card in my laptop, and it says it supports the card, and i have the newest driver from nvidia (53.03) but im still failing the openGL test. Im not running matlab. Anyone have any ideas?

I have a geforce 4, 440 go card in my laptop, and it says it supports the card, and i have the newest driver from nvidia (53.03) but im still failing the openGL test. Im not running matlab. Anyone have any ideas?

I also have a gforce4 440 go so would be very grateful in getting this damn game working!!

I have just had a repsonse from lucasarts online assistance who are saying that the nvidia gforce4 440 GO is NOT supported by the game.

I’ve got GeForce4 460 Go in my laptop and although i get a red in the openGL check and a yellow in the graphic card check, the game runs. Though the graphics are quite slow even on the lowest detail. Where could I get newer version of openGL, please help.

who the **** releases a game in which you need the newest ****ing computer to play it!!! “Sorry sir, that new computer your bought last week is not capable of playing KOTOR”, and you go, “WTF!!! IT HAS NFORCE 99999 and that 0nz j00!!!11!!!1”, and he goes, “STFU U MF!!! j00 n33d NFarce 999999999999 which came out ****ing yesterday to play this ****ing game!!!”

Originally posted by this_is_me_ha:
who the **** releases a game in which you need the newest ****ing computer to play it!!! “Sorry sir, that new computer your bought last week is not capable of playing KOTOR”, and you go, “WTF!!! IT HAS NFORCE 99999 and that 0nz j00!!!11!!!1”, and he goes, “STFU U MF!!! j00 n33d NFarce 999999999999 which came out ****ing yesterday to play this ****ing game!!!”

Uh… you don’t need the newest… but you need something from the last 3 years or so… unless you bought an ultra cheap piece of crap (like Wal-Mart, Best Buy, etc. seem to sell more and more of).

In which case, you need to invest a few dollars in a decent REAL video card… and then KOTOR will play.

Oh, I almost forgot… laptop users are a special case. Most laptops are NOT designed to play games, especially very demanding games like first person shooters.

Stick with low graphics games and DVDs unless you get something that is ultra high end (and quite expensive).

Originally posted by this_is_me_ha:

That is why you will find the required minimun system requirements on every box if you fail to read them its your fault.
Game makers needs to use newer features 3d cards have to offer, if COD would just look like MOHAA where would be the point of making it in the forst place?

Your are not only offending, you are plain stupid and unreasonable.

Do us all a favour and get yourself a console.

Dont mind the spelling… lol

i have an up to date comp, cpu, and videocard… but KOTOR still crashes on me, it used to crash when i got off of the first republic ship, but the update fixed that, now it crashes when i first get to dantooine. it wont run no matter what i do. i tried updating again, but it tells me im up to date. my video card is geforce 2 with all the latest updates, and still the darn game crashes… personally, i think Lucas is getting sloppy when it comes to his merchandise… the movies, the games, even the toys are getting poorer and poorer… someone needs to send the better business buerou after him and tell him to smarten up… anyways, sorry for the rant, but im just frustrated at this… it’s a great game, but all the crashing is making it lose major points in my book

i have gone to nvidia for the newest opengl 1.4-1.5 compatible driver and its not and i cant seem to find them i dont pretend to be a computer geek so help would be appreciated

Originally posted by hiccup:
i have gone to nvidia for the newest opengl 1.4-1.5 compatible driver and its not and i cant seem to find them i dont pretend to be a computer geek so help would be appreciated

Just download the drivers for your video card. If your video card supports v1.4, then it will be using it.

Originally posted by fishman5440:
i have an up to date comp, cpu, and videocard… but KOTOR still crashes on me, it used to crash when i got off of the first republic ship, but the update fixed that, now it crashes when i first get to dantooine. it wont run no matter what i do. i tried updating again, but it tells me im up to date. my video card is geforce 2 with all the latest updates, and still the darn game crashes… personally, i think Lucas is getting sloppy when it comes to his merchandise… the movies, the games, even the toys are getting poorer and poorer… someone needs to send the better business buerou after him and tell him to smarten up… anyways, sorry for the rant, but im just frustrated at this… it’s a great game, but all the crashing is making it lose major points in my book

Are you using version 1.2 of the game?
http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/KotOR.htm

I have the newest forceware installed but still the diagnosis show my computer only have openGL 1.3.1 , installed , but it require 1.4.0, what can i do for this ?

Well we all seem to have the same problem me with a Radeon 7200 and still do not know where to look to find a solytion

Originally posted by Cobalt:
Well we all seem to have the same problem me with a Radeon 7200 and still do not know where to look to find a solytion

No, your problem is that your video card does not meet the minimum requirements to play.

Originally posted by Uh:
Computer: 100% DirectX 9.0b compatible computer
Operating Systems: Windows 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP
CPU: Intel PIII 1 GHz or AMD Athlon 1 GHz required
Memory: 128 MB RAM required for Windows 98, 256 MB RAM required for Windows ME/2000/XP
Graphics Card: 32 MB OpenGL 1.4 compatible PCI or AGP 3D Hardware Accelerator with Hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L) Capability required
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0b compatible Audio Device required
CD-ROM: Quad Speed CD-ROM drive required
Input Device: Keyboard and mouse required
DirectX: Microsoft DirectX 9.0b is included on this CD. NOTE: DirectX may require the “latest” drivers for your particular hardware.
Installation: 4.0 GB of free hard drive space required

Supported Chipsets at the time of release:

ATI Radeon 8500/9000/9200
ATI Radeon 9500/9600/9700/9800
NVIDIA GeForce 2/3/4 family
NVIDIA GeForceFX family

lil help,
I try to load a saved game and i get an error stating that my PC can’t find the .exe file. Works just fine if i start a new game, but not when i load. i read somewhere to download the newest Forceware drivers, but i don’t have an Nforce motherboard. ???