Knights of the Old republic

After installing the game I ran the config system check and it told me I did not have Opengl installed to run the game. I have a AIW Radeon 9800 and other games run fine. The system info said it’s reading my secondary driver of my radeon but it’s not reading my primary driver, is there anyway I can program it so it does? I know the primary driver has opengl affliated to it but my secondary driver does not seem to have opengl attached to it. I can’t even run the game wihtout getting a spinning CD icon of death and then a window pop up that terminates the game loading. Tried different configs and reinstalling everything… Nothing works, how can I find my opengl and get it to focus on my primary Radeon 9800 AIW driver please??? thank you…
(ME, p4 1.6, AIW Radeon 9800 cat 3.9)

I have the same problem, but none of my games runs with opengl. Every game crashes before main menu. DirectX works just fine. My computer: Asus A7N8X-X with newest nforce drivers, GF 4 TI 4200 with 44.03 detonators, Barton 2500+, integrated sound card, win 2k pro. And this problem first occured with nvidia’s new forceware driver’s. I uninstalled those and installed 44.03 deto’s, but it fixed nothing.

Found the solution to my problem. I uninstalled matlab and it did the trick.

i also have a problem with the game, have intel 82845G graphics controller, which supports openGL 1.3 (i have the latest driver) but i cant seem to get an update to the openGL 1.4 which it says i need. does anyone know whether intel does or will have a 1.4 driver?

What matlab ?!?
yeah i have the same problem with all opengl games.

I also have an Intel 82845G and need the OpenGL 1.4 drivers. The lates drivers from the Intel website are only 1.3. Does anyone know when Intel will be supporting 1.4 or is there a fix for this problem?

I just installed KOTOR and I have a Radeon IGP 345m video card. KOTOR says that I need an openGL 1.4 compatible card. Are there any drivers I can download to make it work?

I have nvidia gforce 2 graphics card, and OPENGL 1.2. I too have installed KOTOR, and received “amber” on the system check for my graphics card, and “red” for my OPENGL. The game, however, is running (according to my 10 year old trainee jedi) OK so far. I too would like to upgrade to OPENGL 1.4 or 1.5 but have had no luck finding it on the nvida web pages. Any ideas? Would a better graphics card be worth the investment, or would I still have to find the elusive upgarde of OPENGL?

I had precisely the same problem mentioned by Dadster. Just like Petu said, KOTOR ran fine after I uninstalled Matlab. This seems very odd to me since KOTOR says there is a hardware problem, but the fix involved removing a seemingly unrelated piece of software. Any thoughts?

I have an Intel 82855, when a take the lifter to subterranean city it crashes. I have opengl 1.3 and need 1.4 this is a dog ****.

can someone tell me how to uninstall ‘matlab’??

Try ATI’s Catalyst 3.10 on their website. I have not determined whether this has anything to do with GL support, but you probably want the latest ati driver for your card whether it helps with KOTOR or not…hopefully it will. I am having a ton of trouble finding the latest GL stuff anywhere on their site. KOTOR crashes constantly…infuriating. I will continue looking. I am e-mailing them right now.
Joshua :confused
Uberjunge@aol.com

I also have the Intel 82845G that supports OpenGL1.3. And it crashes all the time and I can’t even get past a point early in the game. Does any one have a solution?

Originally posted by PFG:
I also have the Intel 82845G that supports OpenGL1.3. And it crashes all the time and I can’t even get past a point early in the game. Does any one have a solution?

Computer: 100% DirectX 9.0b compatible computer
Operating Systems: Windows 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP
CPU: Intel PIII 1 GHz or AMD Athlon 1 GHz required
Memory: 128 MB RAM required for Windows 98, 256 MB RAM required for Windows ME/2000/XP
Graphics Card: 32 MB OpenGL 1.4 compatible PCI or AGP 3D Hardware Accelerator with Hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L) Capability required
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0b compatible Audio Device required
CD-ROM: Quad Speed CD-ROM drive required
Input Device: Keyboard and mouse required
DirectX: Microsoft DirectX 9.0b is included on this CD. NOTE: DirectX may require the “latest” drivers for your particular hardware.
Installation: 4.0 GB of free hard drive space required
Supported Chipsets at the time of release:

ATI Radeon 8500/9000/9200
ATI Radeon 9500/9600/9700/9800
NVIDIA GeForce 2/3/4 family
NVIDIA GeForceFX family

You folks are reading the System Requirements on the side of the box before buying, aren’t you? Or is that not listed on the ISO as you download it?

same problem. but i have geforce 3 ti 200

Originally posted by spyderkiller:
same problem. but i have geforce 3 ti 200

Which problem?

Originally posted by Montresor:
After installing the game I ran the config system check and it told me I did not have Opengl installed to run the game. I have a AIW Radeon 9800 and other games run fine. The system info said it’s reading my secondary driver of my radeon but it’s not reading my primary driver, is there anyway I can program it so it does? I know the primary driver has opengl affliated to it but my secondary driver does not seem to have opengl attached to it. I can’t even run the game wihtout getting a spinning CD icon of death and then a window pop up that terminates the game loading. Tried different configs and reinstalling everything… Nothing works, how can I find my opengl and get it to focus on my primary Radeon 9800 AIW driver please??? thank you…
(ME, p4 1.6, AIW Radeon 9800 cat 3.9)

Originally posted by PFG:

Try turning off all the movies in the Configuration. That’s what I did.

I wish someone would let out the secret on how to uninstall matlab

You would have had to install Matlab to need to uninstall it. If you have installed it, go to the add/remove programs in the control panel.

I can’t find any info on the ATI site referencing opengl. The Catalyst drivers say they have opengl but do not list a version. I have the latest Catalyst drivers installed, but KOTOR still says I am using the Microsoft opengl 1.1.0. Any suggestions?