How do I output something to the screen using GLUT???
Create the display callback
- glutDisplayFunc to set the callback
Now you have an active GL rendering context and can call any GL command.
Sorry, I meant text, like a fps counter or a simple text…
- paint pictures with single letters or one large picture with all (or a subset of) ASCII-characters
- load that picture(s)
- make every single character a texture
- build a string you want to write (e.g. sprintf(…)
- switch to orthogonal-projection
- for each character in the string paint a square with the appropriate texture (perhaps translucent with glBlend…).
- be happy