HELP: GNU missing GL libraries!

Hello
I recently installed the newest version of Red Hat (8.2?) and it turns out that my GNU didn’t come with any of the OpenGL libraries or header files.

I looked for them everywhere on the web and i still cant find them… all i found was the cygnus ones, but they didnt seem to work for GNU (wasnt really expecting them to).

Please some one point me in the right direction, i thought these libraries would be a lot easier to find for download.

If i cant find them i might end up having to use MS visual c++ or borland, which i really dont wanna do.

THANX FOR YOUR HELP!

When you say GNU I assume you’re talking about the GNU gcc compiler.Well opengl libs are none of its bussiness.In fact the (free) linux ogl libs(also known as the mesa opengl implementation) have become a part of the X windowing system.So the short answer is that you have to install the X libs development package from redhat.Check the recent thread on mesa and redhat for more info.

If i cant find them i might end up having to use MS visual c++ or borland, which i really dont wanna do.

noone wants you to be conquered by the dark side of the force luke ,ahhhh Tigger.

[This message has been edited by zen (edited 02-01-2003).]

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.