I had to install XP again due to a flaw I had last week. I also had to reinstall 3 games, MoHAA, Spearhead, and Enemy Territory. The first time I installed these games I didn’t encounter any problems, but this time I encountered the OpenGL-problem.
I’ve got a Geforce 2 MX/MX 400, I’ve installed the 43.45 drivers (www.nvidia.nl).
I have had these drivers the last time I played the game, so I thought it should not have any problem. Now I’ve encountered this OpenGL-problem, what can I do to solve this problem and finally play this game again
ive spent an HOUR downloading opengl shiaaat for my Radeon 8500 lol i hate opengl games, but hopefully one of these will work so i can play enemy teritory and MOHAA
okay i got the solution…i think go to start…run…then type dxdiag then copy just the top part and paste it into one of these then ill take a look and fix it k? (-8\
Please help me by replying here, sending me an email or by ICQ !
By the way, I use XP Pro
Really want to try this game !!!
[This message has been edited by FTP Palace (edited 01-13-2002).]
[This message has been edited by FTP Palace (edited 05-03-2002).][/b]
Hi thereb FTP PALACE
I had the same message when i tryed to run RTCW on WINXP HOME EDITION this is what i did
it,s up to you if u want to try it here goes:— -----------
It appears that RTCW, MOHAA, JEDI KNIGHT2
BATTLE FIELD 1942 do not like WINXP PRO& HOME
EDITIONS I think this might be because games were never ment to run on NTFS at all but they do run on FAT32 so reformat your hard drive PARTION it half NTFS half FAT32 then install all your games on the FAT32 half if you want to leave your original video card drivers on this fix works all right for me I
have a GEFORCE 2 400MX/Mx nvida card
E-mail me and let me know how u got on
SEE YA!!!
MTFBWY
RED 5
Originally posted by red5:
[b] Hi thereb FTP PALACE
I had the same message when i tryed to run RTCW on WINXP HOME EDITION this is what i did
it,s up to you if u want to try it here goes:— -----------
It appears that RTCW, MOHAA, JEDI KNIGHT2
BATTLE FIELD 1942 do not like WINXP PRO& HOME
EDITIONS I think this might be because games were never ment to run on NTFS at all but they do run on FAT32 so reformat your hard drive PARTION it half NTFS half FAT32 then install all your games on the FAT32 half if you want to leave your original video card drivers on this fix works all right for me I
have a GEFORCE 2 400MX/Mx nvida card
E-mail me and let me know how u got on
SEE YA!!!
MTFBWY
RED 5
[/b]
Red5 is still at it.
<Sarcastic tirade on>
Hey, what worked for me is to rewire my house for 220 volts and then switch my computer to 220.
Thing wouldn’t run OpenGL games on 110 volts! DAMN YOU MICROSOFT/EA/AOL/STORM THURMOND AND YOUR INABILITY TO RUN OPENGL GAMES ON 110 VOLTS!!!
Everyone who posts here, try switching your computers to 220 volts. I have only vague anecdotal evidence that this works, it will take you days of work to set it up, and it may cause many more headaches than it fixes, but give it a try!
i downloaded the scitech… it worked (but the crack never, it was a wrong version - i had 4 and it was for 2).
Anyway, ill find the correct crack later, but when i try to connect to a server, or in the lan, the game freezes! Im pretty sure this is cuz of the crack, cuz i have another pc, and everything runs fine on there without the crack. So plz help me. i really wanna play multiplayer on the lan, and i have about 15 days left of the scitech software.
This also happened to Tamerak, and his problem is written above - im pretty sure its the same, so can sum1 help us? thx in advance
Seems the first thing to look into is that the original WINDOWS XP DRIVERS ARE NOT OPENGL COMPATIBLE! Kinda odd, huh! Got this info at http://groups.msn.com/openglproblems/ and apparently they should know what they are talking about…
I downloaded the manufacturer’s driver, and had no problems afterwards…
Hope this helps
Originally posted by Robert Indo: Seems the first thing to look into is that the original WINDOWS XP DRIVERS ARE NOT OPENGL COMPATIBLE! Kinda odd, huh! Got this info at http://groups.msn.com/openglproblems/ and apparently they should know what they are talking about…
I downloaded the manufacturer’s driver, and had no problems afterwards…
Hope this helps
To play an OpenGL game on your Windows 9X/2K/NT/XP system
Step 1. Make sure you have the latest OpenGL hardware driver for your video board. Each OpenGL accelerator manufacturer writes their own OpenGL drivers. So if you need a new or updated driver, go to the manufacturer’s web site for your OpenGL accelerator board and download and install their latest OpenGL driver.
(Now, I will admit that is a bit confusing to a novice user. It should really just say “go to the manufacturer’s web site for your accelerator board and download and install their latest video driver.” But that’s a DOH kinda situation anyway. I can’t believe people rely on M$ for ALL their system drivers.)
Advanced settings
Performance
Use bus mastering (must be on)
Worked flawlessly even for my sluggish Matrox G450 card.
Originally posted by SCYTHE: i think that copythefiles-thing works. but i don´t have opengl32.lib. when i try to start counter-strike in opengl, i don´t see an error but the loading-screen. unfortunately nothing happens.does somone know, where i can get the file (opengl32.lib)? do i need this file in win98?
I had the opengl problem with mohaa, it could not find the subfiles and just shut down leaving a mohaa console on the screen telling me I had this problem.I had installed a new graphics card some months ago and using setup CD which came with it, I popped this in and clicked on ‘drivers’ and install. This fixed the problem and mohaa runs A1. Hope this helps.