Having troubles while opening Wolfenstein with the OpenGL subsystem

i think that copythefiles-thing works. but i don´t have opengl32.lib. when i try to start counter-strike in opengl, i don´t see an error but the loading-screen. unfortunately nothing happens.does somone know, where i can get the file (opengl32.lib)? do i need this file in win98?

Originally posted by FTP Palace:
[b]This is the message I get :

[img]http://msafrana.free.fr/BACKUP/rtcw.jpg[/img]    

Please help me by replying here, sending me an email or by ICQ !
By the way, I use XP Pro
Really want to try this game !!!

[This message has been edited by FTP Palace (edited 01-13-2002).]

[This message has been edited by FTP Palace (edited 05-03-2002).][/b]

have you ever tried this site? some peepz seem to get it to work and gone are the problems, but I did the DVA trick and it also worked… so, here you go:
http://users.skynet.be/perspage/game/screenshots.html

ABSOLUTE FIX FOR: could not load OpenGL Subsystem() and missing Glide installation problems, which half of Wolfenstein and Mohaa users have encountered. After searching endlessly on the internet for something that acutally fixes the problem, I have finally fixed it.

1. Get SciTech’s “GL Direct”

(Official description: SciTech GLDirect allows you to run OpenGL-based applications using Microsoft DirectX 6.x or later drivers. SciTech GLDirect is compatible with any graphics card that supports DirectX 6.x +)

Download the 21 Day free trial from: http://www.scitechsoft.com/products/enterprise/gld_home.html

and install

Try game. If it works, which it should, you will need to get a crack for the trial so that it remains functionable on your system forever. Download below, unzip into watever folder GLDirect.exe is in ( probably c:\program files\gldirect ) http://hometown.aol.com/toolguy16/gldirectcrack.zip

STEP 3.

Reboot after the install, and it will update and patch anything that was wrong with your OpenGL drivers. Game should work fine, only solutoin that actually fixed my game after countless attempts by Activision and other experts to give me advice!

please send comments or questions to fffearfactory@aol.com

Dear friend I have a P4,512MB RAM and GeF4 Ti 4200 Video. I have the same problems as above. Simply solve the problem - disable second monitor on Display Properties Settings as OpenGL drivers can not work with multi monitor mode.
THAT IS SOLUTION!!!

Originally posted by Sk8eral:
Will this work for Medal of Honor:Allied Assualt also?

WHy the F*** wen i wanna play wolfenstein does it hav a grey screen for a few minutes then wen it starts it has lag like crazy!!!

I did the whole get the GLDirect thingy and i got the crack and the game works now but its goes really slow and then completely stops when i am about to connect to a server, can anyone help with this???

I have a SIS630 on Win98 and also get the OpenGL error when loading Allied Assault. I can’t get any sense out of the SIS tech support site, and the drivers on the web site have no description as to what they are for. Does anyone if/where SIS630/OpenGL drivers are available from ? Thanks for any help offered.

Originally posted by FTP Palace:
[b]This is the message I get :

[img]http://msafrana.free.fr/BACKUP/rtcw.jpg[/img]    

Please help me by replying here, sending me an email or by ICQ !
By the way, I use XP Pro
Really want to try this game !!!

[This message has been edited by FTP Palace (edited 01-13-2002).]

[This message has been edited by FTP Palace (edited 05-03-2002).][/b]

So I found a program that deals with OpenGL when your videocard or drivers are not able to do the job! It is called Scitech GLDirect and you can download a 21-day trial version of their website. Search for the crack and you’re done forever!

Now I have another problem I didn’t figured out yet, maybe someone else can help me with this one! MOHAA is running already and when I start the first mission/practising and then I get the error that my system doesn’t support multitexturing. How can I change something in my system or in MOHAA options to let the program work normally?

MOHAA USERS UNITE FOR THIS ONE!

i use a 3dfx voodoo2 accelerator and i dont know were to get opengl thingy at HELP!!!

Originally posted by The M.A.R.T.:
[b]So I found a program that deals with OpenGL when your videocard or drivers are not able to do the job! It is called Scitech GLDirect and you can download a 21-day trial version of their website. Search for the crack and you’re done forever!

Now I have another problem I didn’t figured out yet, maybe someone else can help me with this one! MOHAA is running already and when I start the first mission/practising and then I get the error that my system doesn’t support multitexturing. How can I change something in my system or in MOHAA options to let the program work normally?

MOHAA USERS UNITE FOR THIS ONE! [/b]

I’m having the same issue as above.
Win XP Pro
GeForce MX440

Any solutions?

P.S. I got passed the opengl thing, now this “Medal of Honor requires a video card with multitexturing capability”

Enjoy

“GLW_StartOpenGL() - Could Not Load OpenGL Subsystem” when trying to start game.
This error indicates a trouble initializing your 3D graphics card. The first thing to check would be to ensure that you meet the games requirements for at least a 16 MB video card with support for OpenGL. To find out what type of video card you have: Go to Start and select Run and type dxdiag and press Ok. Along the top of the tool click on the tab that says Display. On the left side near the top it will state the name. Also note the Aprox. Total Memory a couple lines below the name.
Next, ensure that you have the latest drivers installed for your card. You will want to check the card manufacturers web site for any updates and follow any directions that they provide.

Also, OpenGL does not work with multiple monitor setups. If you have a dual-display you will need to disable the secondary monitor.

Follow these steps to do so:

• Right click on the Desktop background and select ‘Properties’ - Click on the ‘Settings’ tab
  • Click on the monitor that is labeled with a number ‘2’
  • Uncheck the box that says “Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor”.
  • Click ‘Apply’ and ‘Ok’. The game should now run properly.

If you are still receiving this error once both of these things are met check the following: Go to Start > Run and in the run box type “win.ini” without the quotes and click the OK button. The Win.ini window should come to the foreground, scroll through the list of items until you come to [DrawDib]. Look for a line under [DrawDib] that says DVA=0 and remove it. Click File, then Save and close the Sysedit program. Try the game at this point.

If you do not see the DVA=0 line under the [DrawDib] section, then this is not the cause of your problem. DVA stands for Direct Video Access, and is commonly set to 0 to fix issues with older games or video problems with old software. Unfortunately it causes the game to not recognize OpenGL support on your system as well. The only way to fix this is to remove that line. This should not affect anything on your system.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by FrankieP:
[b]I figured out the solution for the problem running OPENGL games in XP.

It worked for me. Thanks a lot.

Alan Sillitoe

Originally posted by sk8eral:
[b]I have a ATI Rage 128 Pro,

where can I get the driver for OpenGL for Windows XP so I can play Medal of Honor:Allied Assualt?

please help me, i am dying to play[/b]

hey man i have a rage fury pro xpert 2000, get updates at www.ati.com press find driver

u must remember when viewing all of theeses pages that tell you to go to websites that if your driver is not made by that company THEN IT WONT WORK, you cant have an ati driver and go to www.nivida.com it wont work . alot of people r gonna have rage cards thooses are made by ati. look at my other mesaage about how to find what kind u have.
commen driver pages!!!

ATI TECHNOLOGIES http://mirror.ati.com/support/drivers/powered.html

Nivida http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

if not sure try this press display adapteus in the fall down mena after u press scan computer http://www.drivershq.com/

if not listed press ur manufacteurs name into google…

dont click any driver page u must have the correct manufacteurs website of the chip u own to update it…look back to my other message to find out how…once u no find its page and get the update. it wont work if u have an ati chip and try to update with nivida

nivida … www.nivida.com
ati www.ati.com
not sure http://www.drivershq.com/ www.google.com (put in manufacteurs name)

dr. death (evan__03hotmail.com)

look people, we are all trying to do the same thing here but we r all going to have different soulutions. some people it is there cards, some people cards, some people ****y comp, and others. the moniter one is easy and the same with chip. follow instructions below.
first for chips,

start, control pannel, system then hardware, then device manager look under display adapters, write down the name and maker of ur card. go on the web and search the maker then download the update for it so exemple i have a rage fury/xpert 2000 pro (ATI TECHNOLIGIES). made my microsoft, go to www.ati.com , look under find driver / download drivers, find ur driver and instal, then adjust ur settings and try ur game… should work…
…REMEMBER IF UR CARD IS MADE BY A COMPANY U MUST UPDATE IT AT THAT COMPANY IF U DONT IT WONT EVEN WORK.

NOW moniters,

start, control pannel, system then hardware, then device manager, look under moniters and see how many are installed, if you have two installed click one one and disable it. (that is how to fix, but not the problem on my computer, my computer has a plug and play moniter because xp installs stuff itself)

i hope this helps people when u find ur chip name/ manufacteur just type the name in google and go to there website, u will find the update.

PEOPLE STOP POSTING WIN.INI FILES AND GAMES COPYS OF MESSAGES!!!

Originally posted by The M.A.R.T.:
[b]So I found a program that deals with OpenGL when your videocard or drivers are not able to do the job! It is called Scitech GLDirect and you can download a 21-day trial version of their website. Search for the crack and you’re done forever!

MOHAA USERS UNITE FOR THIS ONE! [/b]

so what a 21 day trial, where do u get the crack, i tried with out the crack it works but it is very lagging and too hard to play on, its a temporary solution … i only recommend doing that if ur desperate… u can see stuff but u will be lagged out of ur mind

dont use the 21 day trial thing, it makes ur game work but it SUCKS HARD!!!it showws the graphics but u cant play very good.

[This message has been edited by dr. death (edited 06-26-2003).]

that makes ur game laggy and is not legal. it also plays it in 2d graphics so its just a waste of time anyway, ya it works but its so ****ty u wont do much,.

Originally posted by toolguy16:
[b]ABSOLUTE FIX FOR: could not load OpenGL Subsystem() and missing Glide installation problems, which half of Wolfenstein and Mohaa users have encountered. After searching endlessly on the internet for something that acutally fixes the problem, I have finally fixed it.

1. Get SciTech’s “GL Direct”

(Official description: SciTech GLDirect allows you to run OpenGL-based applications using Microsoft DirectX 6.x or later drivers. SciTech GLDirect is compatible with any graphics card that supports DirectX 6.x +)

Download the 21 Day free trial from: http://www.scitechsoft.com/products/enterprise/gld_home.html

and install

Try game. If it works, which it should, you will need to get a crack for the trial so that it remains functionable on your system forever. Download below, unzip into watever folder GLDirect.exe is in ( probably c:\program files\gldirect ) http://hometown.aol.com/toolguy16/gldirectcrack.zip

STEP 3.

Reboot after the install, and it will update and patch anything that was wrong with your OpenGL drivers. Game should work fine, only solutoin that actually fixed my game after countless attempts by Activision and other experts to give me advice!

please send comments or questions to fffearfactory@aol.com[/b]