Im new here to this forums.
I appologize, if my questions are too rudimentary for the advanced threads.
My hope is to contact anyone familliar with 3d side of the GLSL language, and whom has time to answer a few GLSL questions, as i come across “issues”.
I am trying to make a 3d shader library of GLSL(.vert .frag) programs.
My current shader project is “flowing fur” in 3d, on a sphere.
The image i attached to this message shows the effect in action.
My Project, Where:
Im a newbie with using uniform sampler3d in GLSL.
Hardware for GLSL is version 1.20
Defining a 3d texture file in a .frag using: uniform sampler3D FurDirection;
I need to make a new .dds file, or use a prexisting one named NoiseVolume.dds
The 3d texture must be 128x128x128
Mipmap levels = 8
Please answer any/all Questions concerning sampler3d:
- How can i write the shader to call the file directly without using “uniform”, like this: sampler3d filename?
- What is a .dds file?
- How do i make 3d textures for uniform sampler3d FurDirection; ?
- What formats aside from .dds does GLSL #Version 1.20 support for the 3d textures?
- Are the .dds files convertable from any main stream 3d graphics editors?(if yes, which?)
General questions about GLSL:
6. Are there any other main forums threads where i can find more information about GLSL, or is this the right place?
7. In the event that my new thread is in the wrong place, Can a mod move my new thread to a more appropriate place?
-Thank you in advance,