Hello. I am learning Vulkan API. I have created some basic pipeline, but it crashes on vkCreateGraphicsPipelines.
I injected DebugMessenger in my app (with layer ‘VK_LAYER_LUNARG_standard_validation’), but it shows me only messages where Vulkan instance is used, what i need is to somehow to debug ‘vkCreateGraphicsPipelines’ to know where i did the error.
Hope you can help me. Tell me if you need a piece of code.
FIX: on 32-bit Windows app:
- The problem was that Vulkan loader didnt recognize layer extensions
- Change ‘VK_LAYER_LUNARG_standard_validation’ to ‘VK_LAYER_KHRONOS_validation’ in your requested instance layer names
- Goto -> Vulkan SDK path on your hard drive -> Bin32 -> find ‘VkLayer_khronos_validation.json’ and copy path of this file
- Goto registry editor -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> WOW6432Node -> Khronos -> Vulkan -> ExplicitLayers -> Add new DWORD parameter with name of your copied path and value of zero
- Now your validation should work.