File extensions

This really becomes whatever.

If someone could close this topic I would appreciate.

*.openglshadinglanguage

what do you guys think? a tad windy? too verbose?

Originally posted by jide:
[b]This really becomes whatever.

If someone could close this topic I would appreciate.[/b]
Get on with your work, slacker.

Originally posted by bonehead:
[b]*.openglshadinglanguage

what do you guys think? a tad windy? too verbose?[/b]
I think it’s perfect, bonehead.
But, we could discuss it further - I propose a meeting to decide when we should hold an open forum to accumulate opinions and ideas on the file extensions we should all be using. Then, when all points of view are documented, we can hold a further string of meetings to try to get a short list. From then on, we’ll play it by ear.
It’s really important that we all agree on a single approach to file extensions. The work can wait - these details are more important. Put it down as R&D.
Seriously though, jide - what made you think this topic was worth discussing on a shading language forum? Is this your main concern at the moment? If it is, then take a deep breath, it’s about to get a whole lot more complicated as you rush head long into creating an opengl context.
I fully expect the next topic you post will be titled “variables - what should they be CALLED?”

now that’s what i call entertainment.

don’t get mad about knackered, jide. remember, we only hurt the ones we love. :smiley:

EDITTED: okay you’re right. I was just a bit frustrating…

calm down, man!

first, knackered lives on a small island with bad weather where people were-until some weeks ago- not allowed to have a beer in a pub after 23:00. that’s no way to live…

second, i guess he’s right in some way. i will tell you my opinion, although you didn’t ask for it :smiley: : syntax highlighting for shaders is probably not so important for me and the rest of the world. syntax highlighting for c++ (like in vi or nedit, for example) is a good thing, because a c++ prog grows above one or two thousand lines very quickly, rather than a shader prog.

and third: never, ever post something like “i have an idea to program the following (…) would you like me to do so?”. do it or leave it. if you decide to do it, post a link where i can download it, and wait for me to post an answer like either “well done, jide” or “i can do without that ****”. do it or don’t. that’s all. linus torvalds didn’t ask “do you want me to program an OS”. he just did it. everybody loves him for doing so, so do i. maybe i’ll love you one day, too, like the way that knackered does :slight_smile: - if you program a tool that i need.

and, my french friend, do yourself a favour: edit your last post, filled with personal emotions, before someone else reads it :stuck_out_tongue:

don’t worry jide, I’m always deleting posts I’ve made because they were written in the heat of the moment. So you’re just like me, in at least one respect.
But I’ve never, ever done anything a german has told me to do, including handing over my small island. So, you’re not like me in that respect, jide.

first, knackered lives on a small island with bad weather where people were-until some weeks ago- not allowed to have a beer in a pub after 23:00. that’s no way to live…
wot its changed!!, wipes a tear from my eye, that is truly wonderous news.
i recall my first time in england(london) me and this brazilian guy got tanked up in the hostel and decided to hit the pubs at 11:30pm, walking around the streets heres me going ‘look at all the ppl on the street, this town rocks’ it rocked less when i found out all the pubs were shot + soho was the place to go.

and, my french friend, do yourself a favour: edit your last post, filled with personal emotions, before someone else reads it
to late, i read the comment about his hands fimilarity of his trouser pockets, well it takes balls to admit it on a pubic forum, i admire your spunk, jide.

well, knackered, if you even offered me your island, i would have to think twice if i want to take it- opening pubs after 23:00 is a good start to make it more attractive, maybe the next step could be hiring some french cooks :stuck_out_tongue:

btw: i gave jide the advice to edit his post, not the command. sorry for my german genauigkeit :smiley:

2 world wars and 1 world cup.

1. i think it was in “fawlty towers”: “don’t mention the war!”

2. that was not a goal. but hang on, maybe you’ll get a second chance within the next few months. btw- do you know who shot the last goal in wembley stadium before it was closed :cool:

Jesus, a german with a good sense of humour!
You must be so lonely over there.

nah, rarely… the guys that i drink with share my sense of humour. and, the fact that germans cannot make funny movies does not mean we have a bad sense of humour.

no, i don’t feel so lonely at all- except for one thing, maybe…hmm…knackered, do you have a sister?

Hey Knackered, is that a way of speaking ?? I really hate that. I wasn’t wanted to say that, but you are immature, that’s a fact not a guess. And I’m proud not working for your company, really.

For you german people are fascists, war disciples, they don’t have sense of humor… But where we go ? Where are we also ? Go to Germany then and tell them !! And if you have something wrong with french, do come there and tell us too.

And I’ll make you a favor, still don’t know why, maybe you’re pityfull threw my mind. But I’d like to say you that you’re just a fashion victim, no more: all what you say is for your personnal proud, for harassing others, you think you’re a cybernethic boy, but you aren’t. So go down and try to find out what’s inside your head.

I’ll ignore you now.

don’t take it all too serious, jide. it just seems that life has made knackered a bit of a cynic, which happens quite often to many people. we’re not in paradise here…

concerning that english/german thing- once a teacher told us a story: she knew some people from england, and played cricket with them. she was in the winning team, and when she made her victory dance, her english friends said “ok you win- but we won the war”. it’s not serious, it’s just something they are still proud of. they even transfer it to football, every time it’s germany versus england. i just hope we will meet the english team this year, because i can’t wait to read those funny headlines (“let’s blitz fritz” etc.).

furthermore, i don’t think knackered wants to say that i’m a fascist, neither all of my fellow citizens. it’s not meant in the way that we started two world wars, but rather in the way that they defeated us in two world wars. and in one world cup, which he would insist on, although nowadays we know that they didn’t.

to come to an end with that politics stuff:

1. you can’t defeat us in another world war because we won’t start one again.

2. you can’t defeat us in football again unless you clone beckham 9 times and- not to forget- get yourself a real goal keeper.

3. read point 1 and 2 again and accept the fact that there will be no more victories of england against germany in the future :stuck_out_tongue:

Beautifully put.
What a great guy!
Jide, you could learn a lot from this fella. You’ve got to rise above my ridicule. If you gave me a good solid reason for why this thread was worth it’s storage on the server, I wouldn’t have taunted you.
You will meet people like me in life, y’know - think of me as a vaccination (or an arsehole, I really don’t care which).

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.