Next Wednesday and Thursday is the quarterly ARB meeting and I was hoping to get some feedback from developers on the FBO specification that was released back in January. Now that you, hopefully, have some experience using FBOs can you please share your thoughts on the following:
- Are you currently using FBOs in your application(s)?
- What do you think was done right in the FBO spec?
- What do you think was done wrong in the FBO spec?
- Does any existing functionality need changing? If so, why?
- Are you missing any functionality?
- In your opinion, is the FBO specification ready for promotion into core OpenGL? If not, what would need to change?
Please try to separate implementation bugs and limitations from the functionality the specification offers. Implementations will catch up.
You can find the spec here: FBO specification
Thanks for taking the time to comment!
ARB Superbuffers workgroup chair