Downgrade from OpenGL ES 4.6 Mesa 20.0.4 to OpenGL ES 3.0 Mesa 19.2.8 in ubuntu 20

I have an application which only runs with OpenGL ES 3.0 Mesa 19.2.8 (Ubuntu 18). I want to run it in ubuntu 20 but the problem is that the version of opengl library is OpenGL ES 4.6 Mesa 20.0.4. Is there a way to run my application on ubuntu 20 with OpenGL ES 3.0 Mesa 19.2.8?

Adicional information:

Example laptop on Ubuntu 18:

$ apt list -a libgl1-mesa-dri

libgl1-mesa-dri/bionic-updates,now 19.2.8-0ubuntu0~18.04.3 amd64 [instalado, automático]
libgl1-mesa-dri/bionic-security 19.2.8-0ubuntu0~18.04.2 amd64
libgl1-mesa-dri/bionic 18.0.0~rc5-1ubuntu1 amd64

Example laptop on Ubuntu 20:

$ apt list -a libgl1-mesa-dri
Listando... Hecho
libgl1-mesa-dri/focal,now 20.0.4-2ubuntu1 amd64 [instalado, automático]libgl1-mesa-dri/focal 20.0.4-2ubuntu1 i386

Thanks in advance

Vacing

It seems there is some confusion here. According to the OpenGL ES Registry, OpenGL ES 3.2 is the latest version of OpenGL ES.

Where are you getting the 3.0 and the 4.6? I suspect you may actually be looking at the supported OpenGL version (for either the core or compatibility profile), rather than the supported OpenGL ES version.

This is my error:

libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open iris (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: iris
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open iris (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: iris
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast

and I got the version with this command:

glxinfo | grep "OpenGL version"

Ok, yes. That’s going to to be the OpenGL version. Traditionally, the UNIX/Linux glxinfo comment provides information on the OpenGL and GLX windows system interface support provided by that system.

So it appears that your Mesa3D graphics drivers are failing to load the backend drivers iris and swrast. According to the Mesa3D web site, iris is the back-end driver for the Intel GMA, HD Graphics GPU. And swrast intuitively is the fallback software rasterizer that runs purely on the CPU.

This would suggest that the Mesa3D packages aren’t installed properly for your platform. Look for Ubuntu FAQs on installing and upgrading your Mesa3D packages. Failing that, just revert to the set of packages that are stock in your distro version.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.