Does the RTX 2060 mobile support vulkan?

When I open gpu-z vulkan isn’t checked. Do I have to install some drivers to get it to work or what am I supposed to do?

Well, you need just your usual NV drivers installed. Not sure how GPU-Z works. It might be confused by the switchable nonsense on notebooks…

I did that and ran The demis that come with The SDK and IT says that no supported device has been found.

I also have an RTX 2060 mobile and can confirm Vulkan works fine (I’ve been playing RDR2 on the thing in the default Vulkan renderer for months)

One caveat I did notice: When I was playing with my OpenGL stuff on the same PC, it wouldn’t run in GPU accelerated mode by default, as if it didn’t recognize the app as a game that required the acceleration. I had to go into the NVidia settings program and explicitly tell it that my game engine program should be run only with the real GPU. I’ve never used GPU-Z but you may need to do something similar if you’re trying to develop a Vulkan app; setting that for GPU-Z may also be worth trying.

Edit: Depending on what you’re trying to do you also might need to install the official Vulkan SDK.

I don’t really know how it happened but after updating the integrated gpu drivers vulkan started working for the 2060. I have a ryzen 7 3750h on this laptop.

Just wanted to say that this worked for me! Thank you so much for explaining what you did rather than saying you figured it out and then leaving it at that! I happened to be in the same boat with you with the exact same processor messing it up in some way and right after I updated the driver it worked perfectly.

Cheers ^-^

Don’t mean to necro an old topic, but I’m have this same issue. None of the Vulkan stuff is working. Running an RTX 2060 notebook with Ryzen 3750H CPU. I’ve updated the graphics drivers to the latest and the Integrated graphics driver. I’ve also tried disabling and enabling the integrated graphics again, but nothing I try is working. Anyone else have any ideas?

I have an RTX 2060 also. Everything works fine. I would start by checking the version of the Vulkan API you are using, is it the latest? Then I would check whether the system is actually using the RTX 2060 for display/rendering and not a second card if available. What type of error messages are you getting?

So, I’ve figured out how to get it to work, albeit Vulkan never says that it’s available. Here’s the process I performed.

1. Go to AMD’s website and download their auto-detect software for drivers.
  2. Install the software, including the Adrenaline software.
  3. Ensure graphics drivers are up to date.
  4. Once reboots are complete from AMD install, right-click on your desktop, go to Display Settings, scroll to the bottom and click Graphics Settings, then add the software you’re wanting to run and assign it to the dedicated GPU (High Performance).

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.