I’m trying to debug some lighting problems with an older program that I wrote several years ago. The problem is that the expected results for my positional diffuse light is reversed from what I expect.
I corrected some issues with the normals that I found and this seemed to fix the problem. I removed some debugging code, recompiled and the lighting was wrong again. I’ve checked the actual position of the lights using glGetLight and the lights are where I placed them but the results are wrong and I’m not sure what else to look.
- OpenGL 1.4
- Orthographic Projection
- Uses multiplication of the Model Matrix for rotations
- GL_NORMALIZE is enabled
It’s a fairly complex application (geology visualization) so posting the code isn’t too practical unless there are certain sections that you’d like to see.
Please ask if there’s anything else that would help.