My first post - very happy to be here
Well, I’m getting myself into a mental pickle regarding how best to approach the following user story:
- I have a rotating sphere in front of me
- I want to spawn cubes on its surface in pre-determined locations (NOT random)
- In the best of all possible worlds, these cubes would spawn in X,Y,Z coords because I want to test their position against mouseclicks later on
My question is, what would the best approach be to generate the positions of these cubes?
Should I be pursuing:
- gluProject and gluUnProject ?
- converting Spherical coords to Cartesian coords
Or if you have a different workflow altogether that you’d like to suggest, please let me know.
I’m definitely not asking for a step by step. Just looking for a push in the right direction
Thank you so much for your time.
And Happy Thanksgiving by the way!
Oh!, and my development environment is XCode 4.0.2 And I’m simply drawing to GLUT and employing C++.