Can you try my new engine?

I get the same as madman. Perhaps my computer isn’t plugged in after all and I have the toaster oven plugged in instead?

-SirKnight

Looks like mine isnt plugged in either, i get the same thing… GF FX 5900 XT, 66.93

I’ve uploaded a new version. It works “correctly” on NVIDIAs and on ATIs.

Works perfectly now:)
Just one funny thing:
When I look at the animation (AulaD) from 2-3 metres I get ~500 fps; when I go back few metres I get 150-200 fps(Radeon 9800). When I look at the floor I get 80-100 fps. Then, when I look at the ceiling (~45 degrees up, from over the desk) I get ~990 fps. Is your floor shader so expensive? I’m just wondering what could be the cause of such performace hit(x3-8) with (relatively, on my eye:) so little geometry…

Forgive me, I am just curious:)

Well, it WORKS now, but not perfectly well :frowning:

There are absolutely no textures at all. Is this expected? Do i have to have Doom 3 to get those textures, or are they supposed to be in the package?

Well that is one point, now to the technical stuff.

You seem to have problems with the portals. They get visible much too late, so that i can see the typical artifacts when nothing gets rendered. I don´t see shadows for everything. Some stuff seems to cast shadows, but the railing for example doesn´t.

I get z-fighting in some areas, but i think you know that already.

Well, it does run smoothly, but with no textures that doesn´t mean anything. Also you don´t use specular lighting, do you? Couldn´t find any.

I think, that most bugs come from the problems with ATI cards.

Anyway, two thumbs up! I think you will get the rest working, too. It´s definitely looking promising.

Jan.

do you use light maps? are these stored in your level?

I wrote that It works but in practice there’s a “little” problem with static shadows and Ati:Shadows will look wrong 'cause lack of NV_CLAMP (or similar, so I must write a specific glsl code.Am I right?)

I use tha same lighting shader for everything: the performance change is probably due to the bigger overlapping light regions (used for scissoring).

Ok,there are no textures at all,you’re right. If you have some Doom3 textures you can put them in Base dir. Materials specs won’t load properly 'cause I decided to use a little different grammar (probably I bad idea but I can change it very fast…).

I know that some surface doesn’t cast shadows: these surfs are lwo models (I implemented lwo loading in some days, as fast as possible to show them in my thesis). So I have to spend some time on those.

I know the problems with portals, I have corrected the problem with another function but i will use it only with Collision Detection.

Damn! You’re right! There are no specular textures so the sw use the null one (black like Doom3 specs). I will change it, thank you!

I don’t use lightmaps: only realtime calculations of atten,diffuse,specular. Shadow Algorithim is ShadowVolumes. I implemented a compiler to do portals/sectors, to find the smallest set of lighted surfs and to precompute limited static shadows (which are stored in the file).

I’ll try to correct all these problems (but I think I 'll go on holidays for some days! Finally!). Thanks everyone for help! And… Have a nice year!

no light maps? how do you get the funkey light shapes? they look like ovals.

also how do you have so many lights, i thought the limit was 8, or are you adding more via shader?

also how do you have so many lights, i thought the limit was 8, or are you adding more via shader?

He’s not using OpenGL’s built in vertex lighting lighting. Even then you can get around the 8 limit by multi pass. What’s done when doing per pixel lighting using shaders is you loop through all visible lights and render the visible geometry for each visible light. Although you could write a single shader that handled multiple lights at once. Either way.

-SirKnight

Wahoo, you have lot of Fps. I only have 18-24fps on my computer with a geforce 5600 :/. Il really dont understand… If someone can explain…

Hi!Probably i’m a bit late… So:I tested the prog with a geforcefx 5900 and an ati9700. Probably your card has less power… However I change the software (and the map)a lot of times: some posts refer to less complex scenes (try the second map, look at Profiles/CommonConfig.ini).
I also put another test version www.webalice.it/altomonte/EngineTemp.zip .
I won’t probably post any updates in the next weeks ('cause university…).
Bye!

Similar problem to madman and sirknight…

I don’t see any textures(and log says it can’t load like 100 of them)