Can you try my new engine?

ThankYou Unreal!
Now I have to make it works on Ati!

Someone knows if they can (and how) use half or fixed data types?

Ok…There’s a new little patch. I changed some shaders (If they work now, it means Ati compiler is a bit stupid!)

Hi there

Now the engine starts and shows me a grey window. After 10 seconds it crashes. Log is as follows:

Log Started
OpenGl System: Found Hardware Support for ‘GL_WIN_swap_hint’ Extension
OpenGl System: Found Hardware Support for ‘GL_ARB_occlusion_query’ Extension
OpenGl System: Found Hardware Support for ‘GL_ATI_separate_stencil’ Extension
OpenGl System: Start compilation of ‘Shaders/LightHQ.glsl’ shader
OpenGl System: Successful compilation of VertexShader for ‘Shaders/LightHQ.glsl’ shader
OpenGl System: Successful compilation of FragmentShader for ‘Shaders/LightHQ.glsl’ shader
OpenGl System: End compilation of ‘Shaders/LightHQ.glsl’ shader
OpenGl System: Start compilation of ‘Shaders/Shadow_Ati.glsl’ shader
OpenGl System: Successful compilation of VertexShader for ‘Shaders/Shadow_Ati.glsl’ shader
OpenGl System: Successful compilation of FragmentShader for ‘Shaders/Shadow_Ati.glsl’ shader
OpenGl System: End compilation of ‘Shaders/Shadow_Ati.glsl’ shader
Texture System: Cannot load texture ANIMATdds
Texture System: Cannot load texture Animazione.dds
Texture System: Cannot load texture textures/legno_s.dds

Still on a Radeon 9600XT.

Would really like to see your engine.

Jan.

EDIT: I think it crashes not at loading time, but at rendering the first frame, because i can see the titlebar change to some text about FPS and “press F2 for dynamic lights”.

Originally posted by MarcoAltomonte:
Ok…There’s a new little patch. I changed some shaders (If they work now, it means Ati compiler is a bit stupid!)
No, if it works now it means you arent following the spec by using hvec in your Light shaders, which isnt part of the 1.00 OR 1.10 spec for GLSL (I’ve just checked the basic types in the 1.10 spec), regardless of if it works on an NV card or not.

It works now because you’ve changed some code so instead of loading Light.glsl you are loading LightHQ.glsl on ATI cards which dont have the rouge data type in it.

So, before complaing about a stupid compiler check the spec to see if you are wrong, because in this instance you most CERTAINLY are (and this is another good reason why unconforming behaviour needs to be explicatly asked for and not just given… although i dont hold out much hope there tbh…)

Works great on my GeForce 6800 GT. The FPS went from around 120 to 300+. My log file did say it couldn’t load the same textures as what Jan posted though. I’m guessing that’s what’s supposed to happen. :smiley:

-SirKnight

To bobvodka:
I said it’s a bit stupid (but i’d have said a bit strict! I’m Italian, forgive the little mistake).
My problem wasn’t with hvec,fvec (I read the last part of glspec) but with int/float!
In fact I write something like; X=clamp(Y, 0, 1).
For Nvidia Compiler it’s ok, for Ati one it results in an error and I have to turn it in: X=clamp(Y, 0.0, 1.0).
Ok? However, I was joking.

To SirKnight and others:
With the next realease I’ll correct legno_s.dds texture. For animXXX instead, i will have to better material parser (longer work!).

Now I’m tring to correct the bugs in Ati renderpath. I uploaded a new executable (for ATI test only!) in www.webalice.it/EngineLog.zip with extensive logging. Thanks to all for help me!

I gave it a go. Worked fine on this quadroFX1000.
You have lots of aliasing artifacts, and you need to work on a better mipmapping technique as the transitions are a bit obvious and sudden.
Your scene doesn’t have much geometry in it, so I’m unsure why unreal is complimenting your framerate…seems a bit low for me considering the scene being drawn.
About the projected texture - am I right in thinking this is a dynamic texture being rendered in a hidden pass? If it is, it would have been nice to be able to walk around that hidden scene to make sure people know how clever you’re being.
It’s a good effort though.

Log Started
OpenGl System: Found Hardware Support for 'GL_WIN_swap_hint' Extension
OpenGl System: Found Hardware Support for 'GL_ARB_occlusion_query' Extension
OpenGl System: Found Hardware Support for 'GL_ATI_separate_stencil' Extension
OpenGl System: Start compilation of 'Shaders/LightHQ.glsl' shader
OpenGl System: Successful compilation of VertexShader for 'Shaders/LightHQ.glsl' shader
OpenGl System: Successful compilation of FragmentShader for 'Shaders/LightHQ.glsl' shader
OpenGl System: End compilation of 'Shaders/LightHQ.glsl' shader
OpenGl System: Start compilation of 'Shaders/Shadow_Ati.glsl' shader
OpenGl System: Successful compilation of VertexShader for 'Shaders/Shadow_Ati.glsl' shader
OpenGl System: Successful compilation of FragmentShader for 'Shaders/Shadow_Ati.glsl' shader
OpenGl System: End compilation of 'Shaders/Shadow_Ati.glsl' shader
Texture System: Cannot load texture ANIMATdds
Texture System: Cannot load texture Animazione.dds
Texture System: Cannot load texture textures/legno_s.dds

got a white window so i killed it as it was taking 2 long to load.

radeon 9600xt

Hi everybody. I didn’t posted anythings for days 'cause server loging problems. Now I uploaded a new version with a new map (UAC Maintenace Deptartment
Version 1.0
Author: Eric Stenborg
eric@stenborg.us
http://www.stenborg.us/doom3maps)..) Unfortunately I can’t upload copyrighted texture so I use one of the old ones…
I also uploaded a extensive logging exec www.webalice.it/altomonte/EngineLog.exe
After 18 loading phases it display only the 3 visible lights, create a screenshot and exit with a big log. Try It!

Ahem, did i miss something?

I downloaded your new app and started it.

I can only see “Loading phase 17/18” and “Loading phase 18/18”, then it crashes and the log-file is completely blank.

Did i have to download the level seperately? The link doesn´t work.

Jan.

Same here…
Debug-Exe produces this log:

Log Started
OpenGl System: Found Hardware Support for 'GL_WIN_swap_hint' Extension
OpenGl System: Found Hardware Support for 'GL_ARB_occlusion_query' Extension
OpenGl System: Found Hardware Support for 'GL_EXT_stencil_two_side' Extension
OpenGl System: Found Hardware Support for 'GL_NV_depth_clamp' Extension
OpenGl System: Found Hardware Support for 'GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test' Extension
OpenGl System: Start compilation of 'Shaders/Light.glsl' shader
OpenGl System: Successful compilation of VertexShader for 'Shaders/Light.glsl' shader
OpenGl System: Successful compilation of FragmentShader for 'Shaders/Light.glsl' shader
OpenGl System: End compilation of 'Shaders/Light.glsl' shader
OpenGl System: Start compilation of 'Shaders/Shadow.glsl' shader
OpenGl System: Successful compilation of VertexShader for 'Shaders/Shadow.glsl' shader
OpenGl System: Successful compilation of FragmentShader for 'Shaders/Shadow.glsl' shader
OpenGl System: End compilation of 'Shaders/Shadow.glsl' shader
Cannot complete reading material file Materials/materials.
Log ended  

The Log file is completely blank because you execute the standard exec. I included another NEW exec in www.webalice.it/altomonte/EngineLog.zip with extensive logging for find ati renderpath bugs.(“Materials/materials.” bug corrected too, on DEBUG).
Does the app crashes or does it only quits?

Thanks everyone!

Its still not working. This time the app quits after loading for some time:

(...lots of other surf stuff before...)
surf 117
surf 118
surf 119
surf 120
surf 121
surf 122
vblock
vbblock id:0 v:17562 size:280992
vbblock id:0 v:65512 size:1048192
ibblock
ibblock id:0 i:0 size:0
OpenGl System: Cannot Lock IndexBuffer.
Cannot complete map loading
quit1
quit2
quit3
Log ended  

I´m using a GF6800GT, if thats any help to you.

To SkyNet:
Thank you!I will try to fix it soon!

I’ve post a new release and a new logger.
I hope that was tha LAST specific-renderpath bug!

Happy Christmas, everyone!

Couldn’t try it on Linux. :frowning:

What would be great is to have the source too.
Otherwise I fail a bit to see the purpose of posting your engine on your website.

I dont see any textures and ther’s a horrible z-fighting all over the place - windowed (can’t get to full screen). Aparent open spaces without color clears too.
Log - empty

Thats from 1 min testing… 6800GT FW66.93

You must be doing something wrong, madman. Is your computer plugged in?

Not funny, computer is OK, everything runs fine doom3, hl2, etc… My own shaders are ok too…
http://lapas.dau.lv/salitis/1.jpg //z-fighting
http://lapas.dau.lv/salitis/2.jpg //color clears on unfilled areas
I’ll try to clean drivers, but I allways uninstall and erase everything from them…

ZFighting is caused by lack of correct material specs. No ColorBuffer clears are ok(I do ambient pass first).You can see the external part of the world (so the mirroring effect) because of the lack of models (use for show an higher geometry complexity).