C++ Editor

g++ and Makefiles rules !!
that’s rootzz ! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

i used to develop under Kdevelop and it’s got some bugs but it’s the best VC++ - like application under Linux that i know.

but as i said : if you’re well organized Makefile is a good way. Well no debugger but still “printf” ! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
There are some good debugger under linux.

Originally posted by nukem:
[b]ok i went to do that and it still didnt work. so i tryed to do it in konsole now it gives me an error but i dont know what it means

[root@NUKE nuke]# rpm -i XFree86-devel-4.2.0-10mdk.i586.rpm
error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/include/GL: cpio: rename failed

• Os a directory

i got no clue what that means. i have mesa installed so i do have opengl.[/b]

Dude, do your homework! If you get error like this, go to midnight commander, click enter on the rpm file and examine its contents (like a tarball). After that you MIGHT have a clue what’s going on.
Again, do your homework.
cheers

-kr

I figured out what was wrong. For some reason rpm wouldn’t wright over my old GL dir. So i renamed it to GL2 and then it installed fine.

Use joe

Hey, if you do not want to/cannot handle dependencies on your own, why don’t you use urpmi?

“urpmi mypackage.rpm” will ask you for the cds to install required package, and can even download them from the Internet if it is properly configured.

Originally posted by nickels:
vi vi vi

:vi
:rulez

(well, for small programs only)

Kate is also pretty good for small programs…

[This message has been edited by richardve (edited 05-09-2002).]

Vim can be used in big program. I’m using it every day in my 20000 line 3d+game engine.

Yes, of course it can be used for larger programs…

But I’m more productive when using an IDE like KDevelop (now with CodeCompletion™) for my small game engine ( > 16000 lines > 30 directories) because it’s easier to keep an overview of all the modules/libraries/plugins (IMHO)

Hm, maybe I’m just spoiled (and lazy)…

ive been using KDevelop its been working great. A few problems here and there other wise it works fine. Sometimes I use VI but usally its KDevelop.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.