The RenderMonkey approach

Originally posted by dorbie:
one system (with an NVIDIA card!) I could HEAR AGP bus transfers on the AC97 audio channel.

you’ve seen my system? hm no, i don’t have AC97. but i can hear the agp bus transfer to my gf2mx as well… and its annoying that the gpu locks the soundsystem nearly completely if there is a high fillrate…

this is not a problem of nvidia, this is a problem of the pc. the combination makes a pc stable or instable, not only the components (the pc worked perfect with the standart ati rage that was in…).

Dave,

The mobo I saw this on was an ASUS A7M 266.

A mobo bios and 4in1 driver update (VIA chipset) + ASUS driver update fixed it and a few other issues but caused other stability gremlins at the same time, I can’t narrow it down I did the whole thing together but most likely it was the 4in1 update that did the trick.

You may want to risk an 4in1 driver update if you have a VIA design especially if it’s an ASUS mobo.

[This message has been edited by dorbie (edited 09-13-2002).]

Originally posted by zed:
in the pdf on their site they mention a opengl version is planned

Yes, I saw that, but what’s holding them back from making an opengl plugin (or whatever they want to call it) available now.

I’m wondering if they will open source it.

PS: red BSOD? black BSOD? Must be a bug!

V-man

>>red BSOD? black BSOD<<

the BSOD in the xboxs aint blue (i forget what color they are)
persumably now ms can say with the xbox u wont get a BSOD

You know what’s funny? Kids are usually rough with their toys. They dont read instruction manuals and such.

If the Xbox is writing to the hard disk and the kid shuts it off, wont that screw things up?

I don t have Xbox. Are you saying that it has crashed on you?

V-man

xbox is targetted on a more mature audience, like 16 and up. GameCube is more for the kiddies. That’s at least my understanding … (which may be completely off )

thats a common misconception

xbox targeted for 13-18 boys (these happen to be the age/sex segment with the largest ratio of game players) - personally i think it was an unwise choice on ms’s part to target them cause the ps2 has the market sewn up practically.
gamecube all ages under 40 (family console with more games the mature (like me 31 who only plays mr do HS-338,000 at present) user wants to play ) then again its not exactly selling droves either

Dorbie, get back in your cage. If you feel I’m making a fool out of myself, then that’s up to you - you have done nothing except point out the obvious and insult my PC building capabilities, even though none of these problems are related to my single home built machine - as I’ve said, it happens on a Fugitsu, a ZX10, a HP, a Dell, and an SGI. You’re saying these are ‘lashed together’? Strange how they’re regarded as some of the best performing workstations around…but I’m sure you know much, much better dorbie, as you seem to about most things discussed on this site.

Other people, please refrain from hijacking this thread to talk about such mundane stuff - the ati sub-thread was started because rendermonkey blue screens when run with my radeon.
This is a thread about RenderMonkey, and its usefulness.

Dorbie, get back in your cage.

How about you guys settle this in a nice friendly game of UT2k3.

Any word on when the SDK for RenderMonkey is going to be released? Besides “soon.” Since I dont have a PS1.4 capable card I would like to write a plugin for ogl so I can convert these shader effects to something I can run.

-SirKnight