Possible pImmutableSamplers Error(?)

[QUOTE=Habor1;42942]Uuhh, the grandmaster, Sascha Willems himself gave me a perfect advice. O.O
[/QUOTE]

IKR.

I also tried with Intel (mesa). Does not crash.

Though the compiler complains:

1. You bind r-value to non-const reference at main.cpp:29 and at DeviceManager.h:45. Actually VS does too in Conformance Mode.
  2. Complains there’s infinite loops in Containers.h in your /* Index */ functions
  3. missing include for strcmp

PS:
I have created simplified version of it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4gqhqhi9og8q4b0/VulkanError.zip?dl=1

does that also crash for you?

Niiice little project! Didn’t know that it’s possible to write such a small Vulkan project. ^^
But yes, it does crash at “vkCreateDescriptorSetLayout”.

Thanks for the bug report. I immediately fixed them in the original project as well. Especially 2) looks quite critical.

It is possible, just probably does not scale well to real word uses.
Anyway, feel free to use it to report the driver bug.

I can neither login in nor create a new account at https://devtalk.nvidia.com/ with two different browsers and waited 3 days for an answer to my support ticket.

Of course I have no illusion of the issue being resolved over christmas but maaaybee…

If there is someone out there still having access to the board or even has a direct contact to NVIDIA could he/she/it please post this issue?

Nah, more like month+ would be realistic. It is how it is, just make a workaround for the bug for now.

Anyway, they seem to have released a driver today, and are probably already off decorating tree corpses and buying chinese junk.
So try that new driver. Maybe you get lucky for once.

I can login to their forum, but I don’t see the point if you already made them aware of the Issue another way.

Yes, a workaround was easily done.

I also tried the new driver but the error persists.

So that seems to be the end of the journey.
We concluded that it’s a NVIDIA driver bug which mostly is not going to be fixed until the trumpets blow on the last day.

Still I thank you all for your support! Keep it up and have a nice Christmas!