Point sprite driver problem (?)

We got a pre-release driver a long time ago to verify that the fix works. Which makes it even more frustrating that no customers can actually get the fix – which is what counts.

I’m just guessing, but it must be a death march to be an NVIDIA driver developer right now. Hopefully they can all go on vaccation once it’s out…

what i think would help alot of people out is a list of acknolaged(sp?) problems and the priority of them getting fixed at or around the API level.
The end user never need see it but when you’re doing dev work its at least nice to know if a problem has been acknolaged(sp?) and when you might well see a fix.
However, i doubt either driver team has the man power to spend to maintain a list like this :

Originally posted by bobvodka:
what i think would help alot of people out is a list of acknolaged(sp?) problems and the priority of them getting fixed at or around the API level.
would be nice and is actually the part that always frustrates me when reading the ati release notes. for a developer it doesnt matter if the cap on sonics left shoe lace now correctly reflects his nose if he doesnt even know which api the game is using and even less why it didnt work before.

end users probably only care to know which games will work or stop working after updating, but others would simply like to know what was causing the problem and what was fixed to solve it.

for example, once the point sprite issue is fixed it probably wont say “fixed texture corruption after use of point sprites in opengl”, but “fixed graphics glitch in game whatever”. i wouldnt mind additional and maybe “slightly” more technical info.

Originally posted by Cirrus:
I’ve got it working with vertex arrays but it crashes randomly.
Just my two cents… I experimented with sprites a few month ago (cat 4.1, Radeon 9700) and as far as i remember, I had crashes when a sprite was at the border of the window.

Paul.