Our new gltf tool - Govie Editor Web Platform

Hey there,

my company 3D Interaction Technologies developed a web platform to present 3D models with an interactive story on the web without the need of modelling or programming skills, the Govie Editor.

It provides a powerpoint like editor, dashboard, share options and a media library as SaaS and it’s free to use in a non-commercial scope.

One of the integrated theejs-viewers uses the GLTF-format. In combination with our powerful asset pipeline we can convert over 30 different formats (including CAD files) to compressed GLBs.

So I would like to know if it’s possible to list our tool in the official readme under Preview tools or create a new category like Presentational Tools? Or I’m happy to know, what we can do to get that official status from Khronos (e.g. providing more information or setup a PR).

Also we provide a couple of powerful Blender plugins to export models to GLB with ease and a couple of very neat compression strategies: GLB Texture Tool and Govie Integration Tool

Further help to understand the potential of our platform are our product showcases for architects, research, home schooling and our tutorial section.

Thanks for the advice!

Fabian,
Lead Developer of the platform

Hello again,

should I move the question somewhere else?

Cheers,
Fabian
Lead Developer of the platform

No, it should be fine here. I moved it to glTF: Showcase since this is mostly a promo.

In fact, that may be the reason why you didn’t get a response to your question. It’s 95% promo with a question embedded right in the middle. Your question about an update to:

could be easily missed.

So you might post the question to the glTF forums separately to get a response.

If you don’t get a response there, the README also provides this advice:

I personally don’t know the update process, but it could be via a pull request.

Thanks for the advice!
I will post the message in the Slack channel (with the direct question on top).

The list of tools in the specification readme is intentionally pretty short, and I’m not sure if there’s a defined process to add any particular software to that list. But another option (and intended to be more exhaustive) is the glTF Project Explorer:

New projects can be added to the project explorer by opening a pull request on https://github.com/KhronosGroup/glTF-Project-Explorer. The glTF homepage (glTF Overview - The Khronos Group Inc) links to this repository as well.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.