OpenGL & Direct3d gone

HAHAHAHAHAHA all of what you guys said doesn’t work for me! oh wait that’s bad for me! Darn! I just want to play my medal of honor pacific assult

2 years of troubles w/Nvidia Ge here; crashed the machine the first time I played a 3D demo. Am I/are we missing something here? How about a class action suit…

Originally posted by warhog73:
2 years of troubles w/Nvidia Ge here; crashed the machine the first time I played a 3D demo. Am I/are we missing something here? How about a class action suit…

Er… Uh… I’m thinking its mostly just you…

Hey im having problems with directx/direct3d. I run dxdiag and it freezes on me. I restart and it says there was a problem with direct3d and wheter or not i want to bypass it. If i choose no it just freezes on me again. If i choose yes i just go passed it. Ive tried a bunch of things and im desperate for help.

Nvidia GeForce fx5200
AMD Duron 1.0 ghz
256 ram
Windows XP with SP 1

I on ****ing GF FX5600 with XP profesional and doing the same problem. ****ing MicXP iu guess

Vaya The Duke!!

Originally posted by j0j0:
[b]Hey im having problems with directx/direct3d. I run dxdiag and it freezes on me. I restart and it says there was a problem with direct3d and wheter or not i want to bypass it. If i choose no it just freezes on me again. If i choose yes i just go passed it. Ive tried a bunch of things and im desperate for help.

Nvidia GeForce fx5200
AMD Duron 1.0 ghz
256 ram
Windows XP with SP 1[/b]

I have the Same problem that you have with the directx/direct3d using Nvidia GeForce fx5200, it took me a lot of hard work but finally i solve it on Oct 21, 2003 ±12:30 am.

I change the voltage from 1.5v(default) to 1.6v changin the jumper settings on the mother board. I also change one setting in the Bios - frequency/voltage control,the AGP skew Adjust was set to disabled and I changed to 300ps. And then finally problem SOLVED!!! anything works including direct3d

I hope I can help.

My System:

AMD 1800+ (1.5GHZ)
512 DDR Ram
GeForce 5200 128MB DDR
Soltek 75drv4
VIA VT8233A
Win XP Pro
Directx 9.0b

If does not work Try 1.7V

My System:

AMD 1800+ (1.5GHZ)
512 DDR Ram
GeForce 5200 128MB DDR
Soltek 75drv4
VIA VT8233A
Win XP Pro
Directx 9.0b

[/b][/QUOTE]

what is going on with openGL, mohaa seems to have the most trouble with it, and ever since i loaded mohaa on, the system went bonkers. apparantly my ti4200 video card disabled itself, and openGL with it. can someone please help me?

Originally posted by MegaPR:
[b] *******************************************

I have the Same problem that you have with the directx/direct3d using Nvidia GeForce fx5200, it took me a lot of hard work but finally i solve it on Oct 21, 2003 ±12:30 am.

I change the voltage from 1.5v(default) to 1.6v changin the jumper settings on the mother board. I also change one setting in the Bios - frequency/voltage control,the AGP skew Adjust was set to disabled and I changed to 300ps. And then finally problem SOLVED!!! anything works including direct3d

I hope I can help.

My System:

AMD 1800+ (1.5GHZ)
512 DDR Ram
GeForce 5200 128MB DDR
Soltek 75drv4
VIA VT8233A
Win XP Pro
Directx 9.0b

[/b]

Now that is some scary advice… use at your own risk folks. Don’t come crying on here when you fry your video card/motherboard.

This may not apply to you guys, but I fixed my problem, which was pretty much the same as a lot of you guys. I had to replace my video card all together. I put the video card in another computer, and guess what? Same DirectX9 lockups on a totally different operating system/motherboard. So unless I’m missing some vital drivers on my Nvidia Geforce 2 MX/MX (and trust me, I tried almost all the drivers) – My card has some kind of memory leak or fault probably when purchased, which is stressed out on Directx9’s Direct3D.

I recommend anyone to test this problem on another computer if they have one available, you’ll probably have to replace your card if you have the same results as me.

Originally posted by Rob3038:
[b]I’m on a Geforce 2 MX/MX 400, and all downloadable drivers will make my dxdiag test on Direct3D freeze. I use the default WINXP drivers, and it passes the test. Problem is, I’m trying to play a game that uses DirectX9, and it freezes, and reboots my computer. Tried another game, same thing.

I am unable to find a fix. Anyone with a card like mine play any Direct3D-DirectX9 games on WINXP? It’s really frustrating… I need help. Can’t afford another card right now.[/b]

use the original drivers that came with the card and open gl should work fine windows xp drivers are not going to give your games the full effect of 3d properties

ok guys heres what has happended to my video card:::: disabled itself, and deleted all drivers and openGL with it. i read somewhere that by reinstalling the whole video card, you can sucessfully fix the problem. im going to try it, and if it works, i’ll tell you

re-installind doesn’t help. I have a Radeon 7200 32mb and can;t do anything with direct 3d. I use windows me and I’ve re-installed the card new driver, old drivrs and even semi old drivers all to no avail. Dell shipped me out a new graphics card to fix the prob, but nope still not working. dxdiag tests fine except wen it hits 3d locks up the whole system. When I try to play tactical ops the whole computer freezes witha black screen. It used to work before I re-did my whole hard drive now it doesn’t!!
email me if anyone finds a fix:
rock1013@yahoo.com
-james

I installed Halo, it worked (great game). The install involved updating to DX9.0. So all was OK after this. I applied XP SP1 a couple of days later and Direct3D now DOES NOT WORK. Arghh!

Originally posted by Casey:
[b]mine is having the same problem! Every time I run somethig that uses 3d, a weird error message that says my direct3d isnt working properly. I also ran dxdiag, but I failed all direct3d tests. Anyone got any ideas?
My email is pinky2k@bellsouth.net.
Thanks!

specs: GeForce 4 mx 440, win 98se, Amd Athlon processor, 512 RAM[/b]

install Windows XP and u’r problem will be solved.

so there is no hope, right?
I have a Geforce TI 4200, 128 Mb, Pentium III 1Ghz, 256 Mb RAM.
Since almost one month I have weird vertical lines before Windows Me loads. The games played well (Wolf. Enemy Terrirory) but since one week almost nothing is happening. I can see DivX by reducing acceleration in Media Player at minimum.
I tried eveything possible, formating, virus scan, new drivers, old drivers, cleaning the fans, lowering the frequency of my screen etc…

just to make things clearer, the game is not loading except onnce a day (?!!) and dxdiag crashes when I do the Direct Draw test.

I have the same problem as everyone else… Direct3d works about once every third time I boot the machine (Windows XP, Nvidia, DirectX 9.0b).
Every time Direct3d would fail, I would do something to try and correct it, re-install DirectX, re-install my graphic card drivers etc, thinking I was fixing it.
I’ve just realised (after about 20 reboots) that it makes no difference what I do, I wasn’t fixing anything the thing just works sporadically, can anyone else confirm this?