OpenGL & Direct3d gone

Ok everyone… I have found the source of this problem… for me anyway.
Norton Personal Firewall. Uninstalled it and Direct3D is fine.
It is possible that it is not always Norton, maybe its the amount of services I was running when I log on, I have read other people disabling terminal services, uninstalling Netmmeting and so on and DirectX working. Thje source of the problem always seems to be a runniing service, and Norton starts a sh**load when it starts. I will try putting Norton back in (I need a firewall) and disabling other things maybe, if anyone else can try this I’d appreciate it.

OK DAMMIT… Geforce GTS… I really think somehtign is horribly worng with this… as we all know and all hear from teh same reply… I have a problem… BLA BLA Video card isnt working… why not… It works for CS but not for SWG…(Counterstrike, Starwars galaxies). will somone please post a solution not ne more problems… I COULD CARE LESS BOUT PROBLEMS>… Someone give me feedback on this please… And i really do believe its a memory thign… I think i just destroyed my card its horrible…

Nope, we r all stuffed, nvidia doesn’t care about how the chips work after thev’e sold them, just about profits - they don’t even have and email adress on their site for crying out loud! I’ve looked on forums with 36+ pages and their is no solution that works for everybody. Let’s face it obviously all Nvidia Geforce cards are crap.

Next time i want to spend my hard earned cash, i know it’ll be spent on a card from a company that gives a damn about it’s customers.

Not a very good marketing scheme eh, Nvidia, crap goods and crap customer support!
Nvidia

I too am having the same problems you all seem to be having… I just got a FX5200 and the system crashes everytime I try to watch a video clip or play a game that uses the directx9b display drivers. My old Annihilator Pro video card worked perfectly before and after I switched cards between it and the FX card. I’ve even gone as far as doing a format/clean install but still it locks up.

Hopefully Microsoft and/or Nvidia will release a patch soon (yeah right).

nvidia does have a email

info@nvidia.com

Hope this helps…
For those of you who are installing a new video card, first make sure that your motherboard can handle it and it’s seated properly!
If your motherboard has an AGP slot…use it!
A friend of mine bought a new graphics card for his pc, installed it in a PCI slot and wondered why he was having prob.'s with Direct3d, shading, pixels, etc.
I informed him to take it back to the store and purchase one that’ll fit into his AGP slot. After walking him through this easy task, his pc nows accepts the new graphics card.

Next: (use this option only if your pc doesnt have the “plug n play” feature)

When your pc boots up, hold down the DEL key to go into your BIOS. Under advanced options, set your AGP to AUTO mode or if your graphics card is AGP 8X, highlight this option, then SAVE ALL to accept changes and exit. Then Re-boot your pc in normal mode.
After Windows appears, Try to un-install the old video drivers that were previously on your pc OR just insert the CD that came with your new video card and let it install the new drivers for your card. Then UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE… your Drivers! (For example)
If you purchased an nVidia graphics card,but the video card says it’s an eVGA card with the nVidia engine, get the new drivers from nVidia’s website, NOT from eVGA’s website. These smaller companies don’t always update the appropriate drivers for their products on time.
Re-boot if needed!
Again, when Windows starts up…
In Control Panel, go to Appearance and Themes; then under Display, go to Settings and Set your Color Quality to Highest (32bit),click on to Advanced… make sure to check the box: Apply the new dislpay settings without restarting and hit OK.
Click Advanced again, under Adapter,double check see if your new video card is showing;
click Troubleshoot… make sure your Hardware Accelerator is set to FULL, too.
It also can’t hurt to update the drivers for your monitor, too.
When buying a new video game…READ the side of the box and make sure first hand that your computer and video card meets the Requirements needed to play that game!
I wouldn’t mess with the voltages that were preset to work with your motherboard, unless you were some sort of computer guru.
And if you were a pc guru, you probably wouldn’t need to look up an explanation on this Forum, on how to get your video card to work with that Hot new game you just bought.
Hope this helps…!

Hope this helps…
For those of you who are installing a new video card, first make sure that your motherboard can handle it and it’s seated properly!
A friend of mine bought a new graphics card for his pc, installed it in a PCI slot and wondered why he was having prob.'s with Direct3d, shading, pixels, etc.
I informed him to take it back to the store and purchase one that’ll fit into his AGP slot. After walking him through this easy task, his pc nows accepts the new graphics card.

When your pc boots up, hold down the DEL key to go into your BIOS. Under advanced options, set your AGP to AUTO mode or if your graphics card is AGP 8X, highlight this option, then SAVE ALL to accept changes and exit. Then Re-boot your pc in normal mode.
After Windows appears, Try to un-install the old video drivers that were previously on your pc OR just insert the CD that came with your new video card and let it install the new drivers for your card. Then UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE… your Drivers! (For example)
If you purchased an nVidia graphics card,but the video card says it’s an eVGA card with the nVidia engine, get the new drivers from nVidia’s website, NOT from eVGA’s website. These smaller companies don’t always update the appropriate drivers for their products on time.
Re-boot if needed!
In Control Panel, go to Appearance and Themes; then under Display, go to Settings and Set your Color Quality to Highest (32bit),click on to Advanced… make sure to check the box: Apply the new dislpay settings without restarting and hit OK.
Click Advanced again, under Adapter,double check see if your new video card is showing;
When buying a new video game…READ the side of the box and make sure first hand that your computer and video card meets the Requirements needed to play that game!
I wouldn’t mess with the voltages that were preset to work with your motherboard, unless you were some sort of computer guru.
And if you were a pc guru, you probably wouldn’t need to look up an explanation on this Forum, on how to get your video card to work with that Hot new game you just bought.
Hope this helps…!

Hope this helps…

Re-boot if needed!
Hope this helps…!

All the help on here is wrong. I had Halo working before, and even tho I got an error message about my video card, it would let me play. I even had the updated drivers, because the error message told me I needed them, so I got them. Still worked. Then, after I changed a bad memory stick, the old “error initializing config.ini, please reboot…” thing, rinse and repeat, now i get the message you all get, but it won’t let me play. I tried going forward and backward in drivers and directxwith no luck, rinse and repeat, you know? I’ve used this system for over a year with only the one problem with the memory, and now that I’d just got that fixed…and everything else works, in fact even better, this one thing don’t work.

I would really appreciate any other possible suggestions from you all.
Thanks

Amd Athlon 1100 mhz
nvidia g2 64 mb
256 Ram
Win 98

Chaps ITS NORTON INTERNET SECURITY OR ANTI VIRUS OR SYSTEM WORKS, take it off and all will work.

**** product!!!

I have just built P4 3.2 w/ Creative 9800 xt, had screen flickers, 3d benchmark software would not run, dxdiag direct 3d did not run (said I had pressed a key)

Took off any Norton products re booted twice, 1st time blank win xp screen, all works fine now.

Good luck