occlusion query not 'almost free'

The heights_terrain.tga texture is not in any of the downloads.
true (but so are most of the textures since i removed them to keep the download small) they arent needed to run this demo ->
http://motueka.homeip.net/kea_occ.rar
(i just downloaded it and uncompressed ir and ran it, so it does work, like a said it may complain about a lot of missing textures but thats intended it will still run)

if u really insist in having the textures then check here :slight_smile:
http://motueka.homeip.net/captain_courgette.html

I WANT MY MONEY BACK !

The demo runs on my ATI-card! Well, it has errors, the font-texture is used for everything, so it looks quite bad (i insisted on having all textures), but it doesn´t crash my pc and not even the app itself crashes !

I am very disappointed in you.

Jan.

this is turning into a farce :slight_smile: oh well it is friday afternoon and ive gotten the afternoon + tommorrow off work
jan does pressing the spacebar and turning occlusion on/off change the fps rate? (+ yes the alphabet texture used everywhere is intended, if u r a masochist then run the other demo CC_ver2 (with the textures it will crash the computer if u have an ati machine)

Well, there are two nervous numbers on the bottom right, which might be FPS. But since they get overdrawn by some crazy line, i am not sure.

Anyway, pressing space-bar seems not to affect them.

Jan.

Originally posted by Jan:
Well, there are two nervous numbers on the bottom right, which might be FPS. But since they get overdrawn by some crazy line, i am not sure.
min/max fps and polys/second polys/frame, yeah it does sort of jump around a bit cause everything is running much faster than intended (im just drawing everything with a single material instead of multiple materials)

Anyway, pressing space-bar seems not to affect them.
thanks for that jan, so it does seem as if gffx cards do have an issue with occlusion that doesnt affect ati or gf6xxx. ill have to dig deeper