!!! nVidia and effects (hot topic) !!! --== Woow!!! ==--

I don’t know, should I laught or cry?

Nowadays is OpenGL advanced forum a total OFF-TOPIC…

Zengar, I`m not offended on you!!!

I should come here more often…

bool OffendedC++;

C++, are you sure you know C++?

Originally posted by Eric:
C++, are you sure you know C++?[/b]

Hey, Eric!
Believe me, I know C++ better than you!
You think I don`t know that declaring member variable with ++ operator is error?

E++r++i++c++

I don´t want to say that u´re not the greatest programmer here …you probably are…

…it just that C++ , you were able to create confusion with almost everybody in this forum …
and you post things that you i believe can´t proof , about other people …

I can´t say its a russian problem …you see at my college had this russian fella that have the same “humble” attitude as you …but zengar seems to be a very nice guy …

code more , post less …
…at least post less when all you have to say is about other people programming skills

and btw … if you like so much raytracers check out OpenRT , this is clearly done by programmers less capable than you …but they get the job done

[This message has been edited by raverbach (edited 04-10-2003).]

Originally posted by C++:
[b] Hey, Eric!
You think I don`t know that declaring member variable with ++ operator is error?

E++r++i++c++[/b]

Dude will you just STFU already? For one you have no way of knowing if you know C++ better than him. Also, from your “class” you wrote it’s obvious that you DON’T know C++ all that well. I mean if you “knew” that using a ++ in a variable was wrong then why the hell did you put it in there in the first place. Just give it a break already you n00b and go away. All you are doing is pissing people off. You really should learn better people skills.

BTW, how many years of C++ experience do you have?

Ok I’m better now.

-SirKnight

[b]Hey you all who joking above my question!

#include <windows.h>
#include <gl\crap.h>

class Contributor : public TStupidProgrammer
{
public:
bool OffendedC++;
};
Contributor MyTopic[ContributorsCount];
HCRAPC cc;

int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE, HINSTANCE, LPSTR, int)
{
cc = wglCreateCrapContext();
for(int i = 0; i < ContributorsCount; i++)
{
if(MyTopic[i].OffendedC++)
{
glEnable(GL_KICKING_ASS);
glKickAssHint(GL_ABSOLUTE_HURT, GL_OH_YEAH);
glBegin(GL_REVENGE);
glReplaceHisBrainsWithCrapEXTcv(&MyTopic[i]);
glTearOffHisLimbEXTcv(&MyTopic[i]);
glKillHisPussyCatEXTcv(&MyTopic[i]);
glEnd();
}
}
return 0;
}

And now try to compile it!
May be your 3D-card supports these functions…[/b]

You didnt initialize any of your extension function pointers, nor did you check that the extensions are even supported by querying the extension string.

You havent even defined your function pointers, let alone trying to use OpenGL for things other than graphics.

For someone who claims to know C++ better than others here, youve sure made a lot of problems that the others dont make :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey C++, a little tip. Please read this. http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Thank you.

Die thread Die.

Originally posted by PK:
[b]Hey C++, a little tip. Please read this. http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Thank you.

Die thread Die.[/b]

You can save your efforts, PK. Genius like C++ don’t need FAQs. He already knew the answers to every questions. The only thing he was not 100% sure was whether Nvidia cards support ray tracing, considering only a small percentage of world population know the answer anyway. Since he has become a perfect being, there is no point to continue this thread.

[b] Hey, Eric!

E++r++i++c++[/b]

Jesus, why don’t you just leave us and go have a milk with your classmates?

Julien.

slap crap button with a 200 pound trout

Originally posted by raverbach:
…but zengar seems to be a very nice guy …

I don’t want anybody to mismunderstand me, and I don’t really have something against russian people, but I’m not a russian! Sorry, I know this post makes absolutely no sence but my sence of patriotism is(alas!) a bit overdeveloped.

Thank’s anyway for the compliment.

Originally posted by Zengar:
not a russian!

Sorry Zengar , i thought that due to your private post in russian

Hey, pals!
All what writing in this topic is bosh!
This topic is MY GREAT JOKE!
Or it is not amusing?
Im not dude! In real, I modest! Just have great desire on this week! I know that I know C++ much less than everybody in the opengl.org! I already knew that the GPU doesnt support ray-tracing!
I knew that my question will cause such reaction!!!
Don`t offend on me and relax!

This is only for russians (we best!!! Really best! You just know us very bad. You think, we RED or BEARs? … Joke):
P.S.
Eto kakie-to strannie programmisti! Ili oni prosto prikalivayutsya?! Nadeyus, oni gorazdo luche chem ya ponyal!

Aha, YOU want know what written there?!
Ha-ha-ha!
It`s great task for your brain!
BYE! - BYE!

glGoodBye("!!!");
You all think you best programmers?!
For me: best programmer is John Carmack.
In comparation with him you all his crap weekly freshness (Dont offend, but in some sense its truth) !!!
That`s it !!! !!! !!!

____####### # # ####### ##### # # ###
_______# # # # # # ## # # #
_______# ####### ####### ##### # # # # #
_______# # # # # # # # # #
_______# # # ####### ##### # ## ###

Well if all of what you say here is true then you really need to get out more. Wasting our time with this kind of thing is NOT cool. When someone asks a question here, we expect they really don’t know the answer and needs help. I am more than happy to help someone but to get suckered in something like this … it’s just not what we want to do. Again, this is assuming what you say is true. I think you’re just trying to cover yourself; acting like you knew all of this already so you don’t appear inferior and newbieish to the rest of us.

Also, you must have not been in the programming world very long because it should be obvious that John Carmack is NOT the best programmer there is. Sure he is very very good and I respect him a lot. Everything he says I listen to because his thoughts and views about graphics are very interesting and knowledgeable. But to say that anyone here is his crap is just plain stupid. I know people that come to this board that either know as much or more than Carmack. Now I know I don’t because I don’t quite have the experience he does, I have only been in 3D graphics for around 3 or so years.

I know I’m probably just feeding the trolls but o well. I’m just about out of troll food anyway. Unless I can mix up some more in OpenGL. glGenFood( GL_TROLL_FOOD, &tfood );

EDIT: Dumb grammer mistakes.

-SirKnight

[This message has been edited by SirKnight (edited 04-10-2003).]

You all think you best programmers?!

First …learn english …
What were trying to say was :

You all think you´re the best programmers?!

Is that ??

No. I don´t think that , and I think that a fair amount of the people around here share this thought.
Afterall , if we were the greatest programmmers in the world , we should have no doubts , making this forum useless.

I think we´re good programmers not due to experience or inteligence (which btw …some people in here have and they would be praising themselves…but they´re not) , instead most people in here are good programmers due to their will of learning and overcome their difficulties …and that makes the difference.

For me: best programmer is John Carmack.

For sure Carmack is a hell of a programmer , but there are some in here that share the same the level …know GLUT ?? …there´s this guy in here Mark Kilgard he code it
and lot of people use …there´s some papers of his , that really helped and driven a lot of people in GL community

and for sure he´s also a hell of a programmer …

Cheers Mark !

Cass Everit also post here , and he wrote some nice papers which btw you should read
,and also have a i for sure believe tremendous knowlodge of GL.

Cheers Cass !

These 2 helped to develop the GL community so much or even more than Carmack does

Not mentioning all the Silicon Graphics fellas …

This is just naming a few , there´s a large number of people in here with astonishing work , demos and all

That´s it
I´m done

[This message has been edited by raverbach (edited 04-11-2003).]

Hello, SirKnight!
I understand all things you told me.
Excuse me if I strongly offended you.
I can`t understand only several things with my blunt brains:

1. Why everybody continuing to post replyes to my topic?
    I think, clever programmer (or just clever human) can immediately detect that this topic is not interesting and save his time and efforts. Besides, each reply sends to my mail notification and it is very anger me.
  2. My first message in this topic was very serious. And I received answer. For what I very grateful to Jan2000 and others up to first 10 messages. I already spoke this fact. And all others have very serious problems with reading. They should read messages with attention (Especially when text written by person, which know English far no with perfection).
  3. I have understood that after aproximately first 10 messages contributors wanted to offend me. And they achieved it and received my malicious replyes.
  4. They scoff by me that I know C++ much less than they. For their information, I have book “Teach Yourself C++” by Herbert Schildt in russian translation, and this is very good book.
    |
    When someone asks a question here, we expect they really don’t know the answer and needs help. I am more than happy to help someone but to get suckered in something like this … it’s just not what we want to do. =>
  5. Who forces their come and come in my topic several times? My topic visits small amount of “funny” contributors. I think they are not so stupid and can remember that my topic is useless. I am not guilty that they want to click left button of mouse when cursor over my topic heading.
    |
    BTW, how many years of C++ experience do you have?
    Not so long. Only one year but know all capabilities of C++ programming language. I love C++.

1) Why everybody continuing to post replyes to my topic?

It boggles the mind, doesn’t it?

– Tom

Dude get over yourself, quit pretending it was all troll. It’s obvious it wasn’t.
Sheesh.

I’m not ‘offended on you’ balvan.

Eto mnye do huya.

Go spam alt.freaks.ru

Pacheemu ti takoy galuboy? Thomarai gand mai lund hai?

Ti Durok, otlez’ gnida.

Excuse me, there is a check box you had to check in order to get mail notifications.
Of course, it was the idea of a bad programmer who put the check box right there. Not really your fault.
Also, can you tell us who offended you first before you called people “bad programmer”?
It wasn’t “bad” I found it offensive, but rather you call people “programmer” without any proof.

[This message has been edited by Coconut (edited 04-11-2003).]