Mesa3d installing for Windows 10

So now I just have to done this (from the beginning) :

1. I use your complete installer.
  2. I use your desmume.cmd file.
  3. I use your desmume2.cmd file.

Is that right ?

(I have Opengl 3.1)

If Desmume is what you want to run you should know that built-in software rasterizer is a bit faster than OpenGL 3.2 renderer + llvmpipe. OpenGL Old + llvmpipe exhibits graphics corruptions.
At least this is how it behaves on my system. As for desmume.cmd and desmume2.cmd you should pick just one of them.
As I said in the manual context configuration guide examples section, there are 2 ways to get OpenGL 3.2 working and you need to pick only one of them.

Can I just mesa-17.2.6.500-1-sfx.exe for installing Mesa 3D on my Windows 10 PC with Intel HD Graphic 3000 ?
Or does I need to do anything else ?

Link: Releases · pal1000/mesa-dist-win · GitHub

Thanks !

After installing Mesa by running mesa-17.3.0.500-1-sfx.exe you need to run quickdeploy.cmd which is in the directory where you installed it. This tool will create shortcuts to mesa drivers so Windows use Mesa instead of your GPU.
It works like this:

• you specify where the program exe is located;
  • if it is 32/64 bit. Look in Task Manager when program is running. If it is 32-bit it is marked next to its name.
    For 64-bit programs you are also asked if you want swr driver too.
  • off screen rendering and graw are more advanced stuff so probably you won’t need them. Anyway programs will complain if osmesa.dll and/or graw.dll are missing.

I expanded the start-up guide to hopefully make it more noobs friendly:

Here is a picture.
And now ?
I copy your commands from desmume2.cmd to cmd.exe
That doesn’t work.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1637[/ATTACH]

Okay, I looked at OpenGL Extension Viewer and this how you manually set OpenGL context:

@cd /d “C:\Program Files (x86)\realtech VR\OpenGL Extensions Viewer 5.0”
@set MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.3COMPAT
@openglex

Create an openglex.cmd file or whatever name you want to give it in Notepad and pate that code in it. It must be a .cmd or .bat file though. Run OpenGL Extension Viewer using that cmd / bat file instead.
However in my opinion this has limited use. The only things manual context configuration does here is to change the OpenGL reported version and marks some extensions as supported. There are some benchmarks in there that use OpenGL 1.1 to 2.1 so there is no benchmark using OpenGL 3.1 and up where manual context configuration makes sense. So in short manual OpenGL context configuration only provides little benefit here.

Thanks, I have done it now !

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.