maya 8.5: // Error: does not match the current architecture

yea. Just did the whole process again to make sure and same result.
The shell script is working for me now. It didn’t before, but the error on the bundle is still there…

Sourceforge isn’t updating the download count :frowning:

I just cleaned out the old COLLADA bundles, downloaded the package from Sourceforge, extracted it and installed the thing…it’s working on Maya 8.5 here.

Are you sure it extracted ok? If you look in the zip you downloaded in the build/Release the COLLADA_m85.bundle file should have a date of 3/14/08 and a time of 2:37 pacific time if it’s the right file. 7,181,964 bytes

Also, check the Maya plugin manager and make sure there is only one COLLADA plugin showing up on the list (be sure to look through the whole list, not just at the top)

yea.
for sure has your timestamp and filesize.
for sure copied to the Users/Shared/Autodesk/maya/plug-ins folder.
I start Maya >> plug-in Manager and see COLLADA.bundle there, only once and not in any other list.
Still when I click the load checkbox, I receive the error
//Error: does not match the current architecture (COLLADA)…

siebejanssen any luck?

Wow…I’m stumped…

I’m on an Intel Mac, Leopard OS, both 8.5 and 2008 are working fine with the new install and build.

The builds should be universal binaries, I don’t have a way to test them on a PowerMac though.

What’s your system config mal80?

I assume you meant the file was copied to Users/Shared/Autodesk/Maya/8.5/plug-ins right?

The only other things I can imagine might be wrong would be if the permissions on the plugins folder itself were wrong, or if there was another COLLADA bundle somewhere else in the Maya plugin path that’s getting found before mine.

You could try searching for COLLADA.bundle and COLLADA_m85.bundle in spotlight…only COLLADA.bundle should show up in any of the Maya paths, nothing else.

Intel Mac
OSX 10.4.9

Yes, you are correct about the dir: Users/Shared/Autodesk/Maya/8.5/plug-ins

[You could try searching for COLLADA.bundle and COLLADA_m85.bundle in spotlight…only COLLADA.bundle should show up in any of the Maya paths, nothing else]
This is true: only COLLADA.bundle should shows up

It seems the only significant difference between your mac and mine is that I’m on Leopard (10.5.2). I’m not a Mac wizard, but my understanding is that this SHOULD NOT make a difference.

I hate to suggest this, but the only thing left I can think of to try would be to build the plugin own your own machine. If you’ve used XCODE this is fairly easy, if you haven’t, I wouldn’t recommend it. To do this you have to:

1. Install the maya developers libraries from your maya CD
  2. Download FCollada source and extract it.
  3. Download ColladaMaya source and extract it.
  4. Put the ColladaMaya folder inside the FCollada folder
  5. Go in the ColladaMaya folder and open the COLLADA.xcodeproj file.
  6. Select Maya 8.5 and “release” from the drop-downs and hit build.
  7. In the build/Release folder you should find your bundle files.

Like I said, I hate to suggest this but since everything is working on my end now, it’s the only thing I can think of to try. Unless siebejanssen gets different results when he tries the new Mac install package.

I have reported this to Feeling Software also, but we probably won’t hear anything from them till monday.

Fair enough. I haven’t run XCode before, but I’ll take a look at it this weekend and see if I can get anywhere.

Thanks again for all of your assistance.
Have a great weekend!

Mal.

Hey, I did think of one more thing.

My machine is Leopard and has CG 2.0, if you are running CG 1.5 that might explain why my fixed build works on my machine but doesn’t work on yours.

I wanted to run a test by installing CG 1.5 on my machine, but the NVIDIA cg 1.5 installer crashes…so I can’t do it (maybe it’s not Leopard compatible).

If this is the problem there are two possibilities you can try…

1. take the install script from my NEW package, put it in the original ColladaMaya 3.05b you downloaded and run it…see if this works first!

2. Install CG 2.0 from the nvidia website, then try installing my “fixed” version of ColladaMaya

Hopefully, one of these will work for you. Let me know.

Hi Greg;

I didn’t have an opportunity to test this over the weekend and today I have a heavy workload so I won’t have much of an opportunity to work on it.
When I do get a minute though, I will try upgrading to CG 2.0 and re-installing as you’ve suggested.

Thanks!
Mal

Before you upgrade to CG 2.0, try using my new installer on the old package.

I’ve heard that the problem might be some library in Leopard that is incompatible with OSX Tiger 10.4 We are looking into a way to fix this but it’s hard to test because all our machines here have been upgraded to Leopard.

Tried your installer on the old package and it now copies the files that it should to the proper directories, but still no luck loading it. Same error occurs.

M.

Ok, Feeling software is in the process of uploading a new package. Apparently there were some problems in the build settings that were causing the plugins to be built with libraries that were only compatible with Leopard and not with 10.4

The new package should be up soon and should work with Maya 2008 or 8.5 on either OSX 10.4 or 10.5

great news! I’ll take a look for that package shortly.

m.

Success! The new package seems to have done the trick. It finally loaded and I was able to complete an export using the new plugin.

Very happy! Greg, once again, thanks for hanging in there with me!
I’d buy you a beer, if only we could drink beer over the Internet.

Mal.

There have been a few more tweeks to the package…the right one (that should work on 10.4 or 10.5) should be available at sourceforge here:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile … _id=136478

ColladaMaya_3_05BU.tar.gz

Hi Greg,

Thank you for posting so many solutions on this thread.

However, I can’t seem to be able to get it going.

Here’s my setup
Mac OS 10.5.2
Maya 8.5 [Personal Learning Edition]
Cg 2.0 installed
Your latest package
Checked rights on “collada.bundle” file - all read/write

I’m still getting that error. "Does not match the current architecture (COLLADA)

any other thoughts?

Maya 8.5 [Personal Learning Edition]

I haven’t worked with Maya & Maya PLE for quite some time, but I’m guessing that the PLE is the problem. Internally things are plumbed a bit differently to keep it from being really useful for real work. Three years ago when I was working on FBX support in our company, I know that PLE didn’t really allow me to do anything.

You probably should’ve reported that you were using PLE when you started this thread :wink:

XcLusfx,

I think Frank2 is right about this one. As I recall the Maya Personal Learning Edition only allows a very limited number of Maya plugins to work.

If you’re strapped for cash, you could try the XSI mod tool which is also free, I believe it does allow COLLADA import and export. (see www.softimage.com)

Greg