gDEBugger is free!!!

The instability with the latest ATI driver is a known issue which was already solved. The fix will be released in version 5.8 (very soon).

Great!

I just changed my gfx card from a FirePro V5700 to a GTX470.
Now gDebugger is crashing instantly at startup… any ideas?
On the FirePro it worked quite good (apart from some crashes now and then…)

There must be some other problem. Maybe with your drivers. Both gDEBugger 5.7 and 5.8 work well on my GTX470 (Win7 64-bit).

Just a few facts about gDEBugger:
[ul][]First, it is not quite free. The old license expires on January 31st. []Second, a new license lasts about an year, but I haven’t tried it yet.[*]Third, support for ES is removed from 5.8.[/ul]

I found the cause:
I did not de-install ATI Sream SDK along with the drivers. Apparently, gDebugger tries to open some of these libraries which then failes, if no ATI drivers are present.
GPU-Z crashed for the same reason.

Has anyone tried this program under wine in linux? Does it work?

Yeah, been running under Linux for over a year now. Works great, except for one thing.

The last 2 versions haven’t been rendering some of the GUI widgets correctly (missing some outlines on checkboxes and such). This is probably something that broke when I upgraded from openSuSE 11.2 -> 11.3. I haven’t bothered to chase it down yet, but perhaps it’s some interaction with different GTK versions. They deliver their own GTK libs, but maybe their start script isn’t forcing them to be used and is using the system GTK libs instead. That’s a guess – like I said, I haven’t really looked into it yet.

Did anyone manage to get gDebugger to show any NVidia performance counters?
I use the following setup:
Windows 7 64bit
GTX470, 259.31 drivers, applies to 260.99 also
gDebugger 5.8
Perfkit 6.7 for 32bit apps

I “enabled” driver instrumentation via NVInstEnabler, but gDebugger doesn’t show any NVidia specific performance counters. Sigh, will this damned PerfKit stuff ever work?!

Additionally I figured that after running gDebugger, the GTX470 won’t get clocked down to 2D settings anymore, resulting in a very hot gfx card and loud fan noise :frowning: