I uncovered a minor bug in the deindexer conditioner and I’m wondering about the best place to submit a fix. I checked out the sourceforge project and even though there’s a bug tracking system there it didn’t seem like there was a lot of activity on it.
The problem is that there is a missing call to resolveElement in ParseInputAndP that leads to a sometimes null domSource pointer being added to the source offset map. Just for good measure I also added a couple more calls to resolveElement prior to calls to getElement at other spots in the file.
This issue only appears when deindexing certain models and then only after applying the polylistsToTriangles conditioner prior to deindexing. This did not happen if I triangulated the model at export and deindexed it directly.