EVERYONE WHO HAS THE "COULD NOT LOAD OPENGL" READ THIS!

Yeah dude that worked for me

i have an intel 82810 graphics controller and i have downloaded their “new” version of openGL and i still cant get it to work.

can you help??

Look what you need to do is update the driber for your vid card. To do this you go the website you got your comp from and then try to find the update from there. For example I have an ATI rage vid card. To get it to work I updated my driver and not open GL Then Jedi Knight 2 worked

problem with the dl from the manufacturers is that i have a 3dfx voodoo 3000 and the site for updates is no longer running…plz could some1 help me and tell me where i can find the update drivers for that card…and plz no1 say voodoo.com …because that site sucks…

Originally posted by some1:
problem with the dl from the manufacturers is that i have a 3dfx voodoo 3000 and the site for updates is no longer running…plz could some1 help me and tell me where i can find the update drivers for that card…and plz no1 say voodoo.com …because that site sucks…

http://www.voodoofiles.com http://www.x3dfx.com

I’d try those…

Just thought I would relate my experience

My system is

P3 1 Gig Processor
Asus cuv266 Motherboard
512 mb DDRAM
60 and 80 Gig 7200RPM Hard drives
Soundblaster Live Platinum
Asus V7700 Pure Gforce 2 GTS-64mb DDR

Medal Of Honor Allied Assault and Return to Castle Wolfenstein use to run like a dream on this system. I never played any games for a month or so then I installed Soldier of fortune platinum and got the opengl error, Same thing with American McGees Alice. Now medal od honor and wolfenstien get the error too. So the drivers I had ran the games perfectly before so it’s not the drivers.It must be something I installed on my system during the month I didn’t play any games that messed things up.
Now to try and figure out what???
It must be some common program that is doing this because it is happening to too many people.

TheHitMan

PS–The DEV=0 thing didn’t work for me

i have the same problem but my card maker is out of biz now and there are no new updates

i have a s3 prosavage

I found a fix for XP and this issue…

I was having the same problem for about three months or so. It’s been since then that I haven’t played MOAHH or any other game that searched for openGL on my XP system. But just recently, yesterday in fact, I built a new PC with a fresh new version of XP and discovered as XP was loading that it wasn’t properly loading all the openGL .dll’s correctly. When I loaded Jedi Knight II on it, sure enough I got the famous error “Could not load openGL” or whatever.

What did I do? The same as you should. Go to this link on this site to get the openGL drivers: http://www.opengl.org/users/downloads/index.html and download the v 1.1 files listed there. Extract them and copy them (except for the readme file) and paste them into your Windows/System32 directory. When you get the message asking if you want to overwrite older files, click “Yes to All”.

Upon finishing, XP will tell you that the files are unrecognized and will want you to load the XP CD to overwrite them to replace them with recognized versions. Click “Cancel” and don’t do that.

Start up your Medal of Honor or Jediknight II and you should be able to play just fine. However, you may want to be sure that you have the latest video drivers as well. But keep in mind, loading them without following the steps above will not work.

Hope this helps you all.

Originally posted by TheHitMan:
[b]Just thought I would relate my experience

My system is

P3 1 Gig Processor
Asus cuv266 Motherboard
512 mb DDRAM

Medal Of Honor Allied Assault and Return to Castle Wolfenstein use to run like a dream on this system. I never played any games for a month or so then I installed Soldier of fortune platinum and got the opengl error, Same thing with American McGees Alice. Now medal od honor and wolfenstien get the error too. So the drivers I had ran the games perfectly before so it’s not the drivers.It must be something I installed on my system during the month I didn’t play any games that messed things up.
It must be some common program that is doing this because it is happening to too many people.

TheHitMan

PS–The DEV=0 thing didn’t work for me[/b]
Forgot to mention I am running Windows 98SE so it is not just an XP problem.

[b] [quote]Originally posted by TheHitMan:
[b]Just thought I would relate my experience

My system is

P3 1 Gig Processor
Asus cuv266 Motherboard
512 mb DDRAM

TheHitMan

PS–The DEV=0 thing didn’t work for me[/b]
Forgot to mention I am running Windows 98SE so it is not just an XP problem.

[/b][/QUOTE]

Should work with any O/S. OpenGL dll’s are the same on any of the operating systems. It’s also possible, that your OpenGL files are corrupt. In this case, you may have to replace them using the same process as described above. However, you might have to place the file in your windows/system directory instead of windows/system32.

~Vorpal Bunny

Does anyone know what is supposed to be in the Drawdib section of the win.ini file.

Mine Is

pnpdrvr.drv 640x480x4(0)=1,0,0,0
pnpdrvr.drv 640x480x16(565 0)=37,5,5,5
pnpdrvr.drv 800x600x16(565 0)=37,5,5,5
pnpdrvr.drv 800x600x32(BGR 0)=37,5,5,5
pnpdrvr.drv 800x600x32(0)=37,5,5,5

Is this normal or is there something here that is not supposed be?
What is the appropriate Pixelformat for running opengl games?

Just trying to track this thing down!

TheHitMan

For WINDOWS 98 people, try the link at the beginning of this discussion. Here it is again.
http://www.computing.net/windowsxp/wwwboard/forum/13003.html

I got Jedi and Wolfenstein to work by doing this. Here it is if you’re too lazy to follow the link.

1. go to start
  2. click on run
  3. type in win.ini
  4. look for a lne that says dva=0
  5. add a semi-colon( before the dva
  6. save and close this file

Just so you know, I have the following:

P4 1.6GHz
ECS motherboard
256 MB DDR RAM
GeForce 2 MX400 64MB Video card

Keep the discussion going, tell us if this helped for you. Gotta solve this crap, man. By the way, before I tried this, I downloaded the latest version of the Detonator driver from nvidea.com, and it did not work. The problem most likely is not with your video card or it’s driver. You probably, like me, loaded a program that changed the string in the win.ini file. Try it, see what happens!

Originally posted by newnyguy:
[b]For WINDOWS 98 people, try the link at the beginning of this discussion. Here it is again.
http://www.computing.net/windowsxp/wwwboard/forum/13003.html

Damn smiley faces. This is how it should read.

1. go to start
  2. click on run
  3. type in win.ini
  5. add a semi-colon ; before the dva

Sorry. Try it.

I got Jedi and Wolfenstein to work by doing this. Here it is if you’re too lazy to follow the link.

1. go to start
  2. click on run
  3. type in win.ini
  5. add a semi-colon( :wink: before the dva

Just so you know, I have the following:

P4 1.6GHz
ECS motherboard
256 MB DDR RAM
GeForce 2 MX400 64MB Video card

Keep the discussion going, tell us if this helped for you. Gotta solve this crap, man. By the way, before I tried this, I downloaded the latest version of the Detonator driver from nvidea.com, and it did not work. The problem most likely is not with your video card or it’s driver. You probably, like me, loaded a program that changed the string in the win.ini file. Try it, see what happens![/b]

Just update yo drivers

I tried finding other versions of the openGL dll so that I could play Jedi Knight 2 but none of them changed anything.

I have the Asus GeForce2 v7700 video card and I am running xp. I have looked everywhere and cannot find an xp driver for my video card.

Please help!

Originally posted by hoodlum:
Just update yo drivers

Like I said, the problem was not in my driver. I installed the most current driver available, and nothing changed. Try the win.ini fix, and if that doesn’t work, try the dll fix.

Did any one else install Zonealarm pro 3 just before they started getting these error messages.I wonder if it could be messing things up?

Did any one else install Zonealarm pro 3 just before they started getting these error messages.I wonder if it could be messing things up?

Well guys for me it was Zonealarm Pro 3 that was messing up my open gl. The newest version 3.0.118 has a fix in it. Turns out earlier versions of Zonealarm 3 screwed up a lot of games. Careful you don’t set the security settings too high or it still will.
Hope this helps some of you. Please let me know.My opengl games are all running perfect now.

Sometimes it’s not the drivers!!

TheHitMan

Thanks M8 i was working on this problem for 2 weeks i dl all damn patches reinstalled all damn **** … did almost everything
(deletet my brothers administration where he’s a lil mad of)

but i wanna thank you!!!:smiley:

Kryon