Borland VS Microsoft Visual C++

Sorry if the SOAP example was bad. My point was just that new stuff in Windows is many times first supported by Microsoft’s own compiler. I would love to be wrong but I think this is very important for many.

Do not forget that other editors also has a lot of good stuff.

Originally posted by mancha:
[b]
I used Borland with my OpenGL stuff, and I liked it, I am not saying that it is not an option. But VC++ has a better editor…

OK, let me clarify this OpenGL warrios…
I am right there ya’ll about the whole taking over the world thing that microsoft has with their products not being cool; I myself hate it… The only reason why I use microsoft stuff is because I get it for free at work… I never have spent a dime in their products, and never will… When I did not have the job I have now, I used gcc and loved that bad baby.

Lucretia, I completely recomend Code Warrior. I dont know if you use GLUT, because if you do, I was not able to set it up to work with Code Warrior; and if you find a way, I would appreciate it if you gave me a brief walk through… I wish I could distribute it the way I could with the Linux open source community.
[/b]

Well, we’re about to start PS2 development so, I may well be getting CodeWarrior to play with.

I wrote my own framework and we have a 3D engine that sits on top of a 3D driver framework (OpenGL/DX/etc.), so I don’t use GLUT at work. I may try it though and send you the howto

I agree that the editor is fine, but I just downloaded the new version of Crystal Space (0.92) but M$VC++ crashes when I try to load the csall.dsw!! How crap is that??

Laters.
Luke.

I wanted to know about tribes because it is fine game, and it would be cool to play…

Buy buy.

Yuk ,people well guess i cop…ehm buyed the Microsoft Enterprise edition for nothing

I guess i’ll be sticking to OpenGl in Borland 5 enterprise edition, hmmmmm

Well actually i think it’s retard cuz i mean if you are a bit knowlegdeble and handy dandy like a lot, you would go for code warrior or Borland, so i hope the standard will be Borland cuz you can hardly get your hands on Codewarrior and microsoft Visual is blarg…chockes falls down and dies beyond the GRAVE so to speak

They only make Borland C++ for Windows, right? I don’t know, so that’s why I’m asking.

Borland is porting its C++ and Pascal compilers/IDES to LINUX. It’s called the Kylix project. More info can be found on Borland’s web site.