Y Do U Care For Intel iXXX Series And Not S3 Trio3d/ViRGE?

I Am Sick And Tired Of OpenGL Not Adding Drivers For Most S3 People I Have To Make Wrappers Intead of Enjoying Myself With OpenGL
Well I Am Always Posting Things On The S3 Discussion Forum Under The Name unrealxtremes3gl
well i want a personal reply from anyone via e-mail!
my e-mail is afster2daz@hotmail.com!!!
thank You!

It’s up to the manufacturer to provide drivers for OpenGL, not the other way around as you seems to think. You should ask your hardware manufacturer instead.

Originally posted by Bob:
It’s up to the manufacturer to provide drivers for OpenGL, not the other way around as you seems to think. You should ask your hardware manufacturer instead.

Well I Just Got Windows XP Pro and i am running OpenGL
I Still Have Trouble Starting QuakeIII and Alice
I Could Run Counter Strike
But Not Fast
I Can’t Believe This OpenGL Company
Anyone Going With Me About This Post In A Complaint Here and My Card is 8MB! And Intel iXXX Cards Are only about 2MB!!!

Hello

The biggest problem its manufactors that say theres card work with openGL. Ten hours later you realized it was a lie or just bad support. I agree that there is more problem with openGL vs. DirectX. OpenGL its much more depending on right config and thats a major problem. In other hand those manufactors with best support will survive.

Umm this is like complaining to the highway department because your Yugo doesn’t go over 60 mph… you’re looking in the wrong place, you should email your graphics vendor.

Also why are you running a l337 p1r4t3 copy of Windows XP on what seems to be a low-end system anyway?

To OpenGL-should-care.

OpenGL is just an API (that means Application Programming Interface), not a company.

>S3< decided NOT to support OpenGL for the Low-End Chipsets (Virge/Trio) so you should
change your name to “S3-should-care”

Get a real 3D card, or buzz of.

I Ain’t Stoppin Complainin’
DirectX Wouldn’t Start
Windows XP is my rescource,Multiplayer Gaming and everything!!!
Im On A 433Mhz Intel Celeron I 128MB RAM and My Computer has enough horsepower to start it!
If Anyone Can Find An OpenGL Driver That Is Compatible Using As This S3 Trio3d/2x 368 8MB Please Inform Me At afster2daz@hotmail.com :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

dude -

1. ditch the unsupported, pirated beta OS and go back to Windows98, which is about what your computer can handle.
  2. get some real hardware
  3. do you really think anyone here is going to answer your _DIRECTX WOULDN’T START problem? Hint look at word “DirectX” and notice it doesn’t appear in the URL http://www.opengl.org.

it aint pirated
openGL is my only resource on windows XP
im on a dual booting Windows XP/Windows 98
and this Windows XP is Beta 1
i really need a opengl fix or somethin
:expressionless: :expressionless: :

Well since your Windows XP beta 1 isn’t pirated, that means you’re a registered beta tester, so I’m sure Microsoft would be pleased to hear your feedback and provide you with technical support. Good luck.