Windows98 GeForce4 Ti4200

help!!OpenGL dose not support my GeForce4 Ti 4200!!!

Ok…actually… OpenGL is supported BY the video cards. Not the other way around. But easy mistake to make. Try downloading the latest drivers at Nvida’s homepage (www.NVidia.com)…and i GeForce 4 Ti DOES support OpenGL… it supports more features than practically all other cards on the market

I’m having the same problem - Win98SE, nVidia gForce 4 TI 4200, with LATEST nVidia drivers, newly reinstalled Win 98SE, working DirectX 8 package, and a freshly rebooted system. When my son tries to run the Bugdom game, we consistently get the error messages “Q3View_StartRendering Failed!”, and then “Q3Style_Submit Failed!”

It may not be so, but it certainly looks like this card doesn’t actually support OpenGL.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have the ti4200 as well but run windows XP quake 3 works fine for about 3-5 minutes but then quake freezes and windows gives me a “q3 failed and needs to close” any ideas?? Does this sound like an opengl/driver problem or a problem with my q3 config file?

I might start a new thread to this effect, but here’s my deal:

I’ve got a PNY Verto GeForce4 Ti 4200, and I’m running Win98SE. According to the display properties, everything is cool. However, all OpenGL games and some OpenGL diagnostic tools I’ve found say it’s not there.

The thing is, this is a dual boot system, also running Mandrake Linux 9.0, and OpenGL works fine under linux(UT2003, and other games run beautifully).

I’m curious what the issue is. I have an OpenGL Extension viewer app that says:

No ICD Registry Entry.
The current OpenGL driver doesn’t expose the SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows (NT)/CurrentVersion/OpenGLDrivers registry entry. Unable to detects driver version, driver revision name and filename.

The key in that location is as follows:

RIVATNT “nvopengl.dll”

Seems odd to reference RivaTNT, given the age of that chipset, but I verified that if I delete the key and reinstall the latest NVidia drivers it recreates said key. I’m totally at a loss here.

Send help.

Brent